Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

When was the last time you used snail mail again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Jeroen

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The cash-strapped U.S. Postal Service on Monday moved forward with plans to end next-day delivery of letters, postcards and other First Class mail.

Interesting development for commercial postal companies but i doubt it will benefit regular consumers.

The government over here just initiated a serious 'bicycle couriers' promotional campaign as a means to reduce CO2 emissions in urban areas.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The last time?... hmmm,... this morning. Like every morning.

Went out in my slippers and robe with my coffee to gather up my usual stack of spam.

I wish my mailbox had a delete button, and a spaminator box lol.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, I USED TO go get my mail on a daily basis, but that was at least like 7 if not 10 years ago. Now I collect snail mail once a week, not much and yes mostly junk. Like print newspapers, postal mail IS going to die, the question is when. It's sad but true. Remember Kevin Costner's badly received movie called The Postman?

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Snail mail is just a good way to pick things up I order online. ;)

I hate that some companies won't go to paperless bills, it's rediculous.

Adam

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting development for commercial postal companies but i doubt it will benefit regular consumers.

The government over here just initiated a serious 'bicycle couriers' promotional campaign as a means to reduce CO2 emissions in urban areas.
Cutting postal services is hurting mostly the losing side of the digital divide.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use USPS almost on a daily basis to ship antique pottery, collectibles, etc. Its hard to email an eight pound piece of 1780's North Carolina Redware.

Rarely do I use UPS or FedEx. I have had more problems with UPS and claims for damages than USPS. In fact, I have never had a claim with USPS since selling online for nearly 13 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom