Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

When will buyers begin appearing for the 2012 London Olympics domain names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClaireB

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, the heading explains the question. Do you think that big travel agents and contractors will want to acquire 2012 related domains soon?

Kevin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Claire,

It is impossible to tell who will want the domains and when they will want them, my friend.

Time well tell…

If you have some of those domains – good luck.

ClaireB

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Kevin said:
Hi Claire,

It is impossible to tell who will want the domains and when they will want them, my friend.

Time well tell…

If you have some of those domains – good luck.

Thank you Kevin. Yes, I took one for travel reservations to the Olympic, one for suppliers, one for endorsers (sponsors taken by others), and one to post wins, after the fact.

I thought that the reservations and suppliers would be worth a lot as names by themselves without having to create sites for them, but if one creates, then many ads.

ClaireB said:
Thank you Kevin. Yes, I took one for travel reservations to the Olympic, one for suppliers, one for endorsers (sponsors taken by others), and one to post wins, after the fact.

I thought that the reservations and suppliers would be worth a lot as names by themselves without having to create sites for them, but if one creates, then many ads.

Understandably, overture still has nothing on 2012 but google brings about 26 million results, with ads

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have you had any problems in the past with the Olympic trademark?

ClaireB

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jdk said:
Have you had any problems in the past with the Olympic trademark?

The domains I owned before June of 2005 were domains I had finally succeeded in registering (all training, management, hospitality, customer service domains were taken in 1996), so, although I had decided to adopt easytraining.com as my home page, I just couldn't give up the others. I decided to hold on to them, to develop some with a different focus and public and to sell some when the right buyer came.

This June, for some reason, I began buying domain names as investment. So I never interested myself in this specific subject before, so I never owned olympic-related domain names.

This time I was looking for potential business out of those domain names. It is another line of thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom