Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

When Will You Ever Stop Domaining!

Status
Not open for further replies.

acesfull

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know what you're saying to yourself. I've got enough domains. I can stop now. I'm already successful, and I don't need anymore. Then the little Domain Demon whispers in your left ear... You DO need more domains. Sure you're successful, and you could vacation, indefinitely, on the beach or in the mountains, drinking Coronas with a wedge of lemon - or lime, if that's your scene. But, just a little more, and you can be even more successful.

You say you're thinking about quitting? Well, not today! You haven't pulled in a good 25-grand'er in a long time. And this could be the day you get the one that slips through the cracks, from the big boys - and you get it for only the registration cost plus the basic drop-service fee or bid.

You can't quit anyway! Not anytime soon. Think about, if you quit now, how can you ever catch up to the likes of FMA or Mrs. Jello? Well, actually, it's likely that you never will catch up with them. As you're catching up with them, they're catching upper than you. So, by getting more and more domains, you'll slow the gap between yourself and them, which can still be a respectable thing.

Okay, so you want to quit? How many times have you tried? Let me rephrase that... How many HUNDREDS of times have you tried? Thousands?

The fact is - you can't quit. The day you die, you'll still be trying to grab just one more, even though you know you can't take it with you! You've just got to catch than one last domain rush!

Look yourself in the mirror and face facts. Tell yourself, while looking in the mirror - YOU are one of the best domainers in the world. YOU are one of a select privileged few, who are living in a very historic time, where the Internet is revolutionizing modern-day communications and entertainment. YOU are a pioneer of the Information Age, living it, and breathing it, right now, establishing yourself as an historic footnote in the history books of society and technology. They will talk about you, how you were involved in one of the most interesting times to be alive. Of course, not counting when Elvis or the dinosaurs were alive.

No, my friend. You can't stop domaining. Not just yet. You have to go on, and admit to yourself that you don't want to stop. You have nothing better to do with your life. The next drop could bring the next 25-grand'er. Once you miss a name, it's water under the bridge. The Greyhound has left the station. You can kiss that baby goodbye. You can pretend it didn't matter, that much anyway, but it still will bug ya, and you know it! Stop for a single day, and who knows what gems you'll miss.

You are who you are, and what you are! You have become a domainer. Once a domainer, always a domainer. You can admit, that one day, you will eventually stop. But, for now, push ahead! (Hmmmm, I wonder if pushahead.com is available.) Anyway, you've still got to make your mark. You've got to establish yourself, for the sake of the history books. And for your grandchildren to read about in school. It will also give them something for "show-and-tell" in the first and second grades.

Say to yourself, "I (name goes here), will move forward. I will take advantage of this historic moment in time, while I've got the opportunity. I will not let go, like when that pitbull took hold of my arm last year. I will move ahead, and employ all of my skills, knowledge and effort, to establish myself as one of the great, early Internet pioneers. I'll be on the same pages with people like Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and Adam Dicker.

Do you really want to stop now. Do you really want to miss that next 25-grand'er? Do you really want to throw away your position in history? I didn't think so. So get back to that computer. Download that drop list. Run your little filters, or whatever it is you do to determine the good ones. And get them into the drop clubs and catching services. Bid those good ones up, no matter what the cost. Don't worry about that guy in the Caymans. Don't let BuyDomains get you down. BID BID BID, until you get what you want. Screw the "multiple-times PPC" formula. The domain name is worth it!

You're a domainer. You always will be. You can't stop now. So get back to it. In fact, right now, you're wasting time. And you know I'm right, even though I am the Domain Demon! (Devil laughter goes here)

PART 2: http://www.dnforum.com/thread162079.html

Domain Days 2024

Nacho

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nicely said.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and Adam Dicker

That's some elite company for Mr. Gates :)

Well said!

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
very well put. interesting stuff!!

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
acesfull said:
No, my friend. You can't stop domaining. Not just yet. You have to go on, and admit to yourself that you don't want to stop. You have nothing better to do with your life. The next drop could bring the next 25-grand'er. Once you miss a name, it's water under the bridge. The Greyhound has left the station. You can kiss that baby goodbye. You can pretend it didn't matter, that much anyway, but it still will bug ya, and you know it! Stop for a single day, and who knows what gems you'll miss.

very well said. Good work.

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
very nice writing I must admit... I think its just what some people need as motivation to keep pushing forward.

Andrew

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So......beautiful! *sniff*

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So there are addicted domainers out here ? :cheeky:

fkrule

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
very well said mate a gret post

barefoot

Go barefoot!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sdsinc said:
So there are addicted domainers out here ? :cheeky:

Oh yes, I've heard about a few chapters of "Domainers Anonymous" opening up lately.

"Hi, my name is Dan and I'm a domainaholic."

"HI DAN!!"

"I was up until 5 AM this morning looking for available domains to hand-reg, reviewing drop lists, searching all the aftermarket sites, reading threads on DNF and other forums, going through the sales reports at DNJ, and looking over my parked domain rev stats. I'm utterly exhausted but I still feel as if I'm missing out on something... I know there are some more names out there for me... I just feel it."

"WE'VE ALL BEEN THERE, DAN... WE KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GOING THROUGH."

Is there any treatment? Is there a 12-step program for this affliction?

Salient

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nicely said...

It has taken me two years to figure out where I belong in the domain world and now that I have it figured out I just hope I dont miss the boat.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
addiction, some people gamble, some smoke, some drink...

WE DOMAIN :)

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice post. Well written (in my opinion!) Thanks.

DomainsRate

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
italiandragon said:
addiction, some people gamble, some smoke, some drink...

WE DOMAIN :)

I agree

By the way nice post. Very accaurly said and written.

Ubiquitous

Since 1997
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We can't stop now because we are all a rare form of entrepreneurs , like the great chef who still cooks at age 77 , they are his recipies and thats it period, he is the creator , the pioneer , he can't stop. Why? Because its his passion , and his willingness to skip the golf course to cook is what makes him happy , the rare entrepreneur does not have to be like everyone else, we in fact DON'T want to be like everyone else, because he has something that nobody else has , his recipies ,his knowledge and his patience, and always something to prove. A rare entrepreneur.

And you can't find "Domaining for a Living" in Entrepreneur Magazine for $39.95

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom