• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

When you sign over a name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you mean do you have to give in to lawyers? No - just get a better lawyer :)

But - mind that if the name is "theirs" - keep away from it. No one shed a tear for the 100s of domains that Nintendo got back.

Just do not hold a name in ransom from it's rightfull owners, and the rest is ok.
 
Originally posted by gsk008
I mean their lawers want me to sign these promises of not infringing on the company and ALL it's other companies and trademarks. Can I get away with just saying here is your name and I wil not infringe on the same company again?? Not all the others.

In one suit I had against me, our resolutin was that the company would look over all the names that I owned. They would then be able to protest any other infringement names that I had. . .

We did not say anything about in the future.

-Bob
 
I had to sign some legal papers when I sold a domain a few months ago. One thing they wanted me to sign was a thing about how I was not allowed to register names with the same name in it. And if I did, then I would have to give it/them to them. I signed it because the name is something I wouldn't register again anyways, and if something did come along, I could just register it under someone else, like someone in my family :D

They didn't say anything about other names though. I wouldn't sign something like that. It could affect to many potential domains that way.

RMF
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom