Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

When you sign over a name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
you mean do you have to give in to lawyers? No - just get a better lawyer :)

But - mind that if the name is "theirs" - keep away from it. No one shed a tear for the 100s of domains that Nintendo got back.

Just do not hold a name in ransom from it's rightfull owners, and the rest is ok.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by gsk008
I mean their lawers want me to sign these promises of not infringing on the company and ALL it's other companies and trademarks. Can I get away with just saying here is your name and I wil not infringe on the same company again?? Not all the others.

In one suit I had against me, our resolutin was that the company would look over all the names that I owned. They would then be able to protest any other infringement names that I had. . .

We did not say anything about in the future.

-Bob

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had to sign some legal papers when I sold a domain a few months ago. One thing they wanted me to sign was a thing about how I was not allowed to register names with the same name in it. And if I did, then I would have to give it/them to them. I signed it because the name is something I wouldn't register again anyways, and if something did come along, I could just register it under someone else, like someone in my family :D

They didn't say anything about other names though. I wouldn't sign something like that. It could affect to many potential domains that way.

RMF

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom