Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale Where are the buyers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Days 2024

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
people are looking for the right name at the right price.

also, not all potential buyers are in this forum, or see the sales thread.

you hear all the time about domains that don't sell in a forum for $100, end up selling later for $1000+ at Sedo or somewhere else. I don't think it's necessarily a .ca phenomenon.

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've also noticed a lack of activity in regards to sales here for .CA in the last 3-4 months. Maybe things slow down in the summer?

Also Rob makes a very good point. I've myself have seen domains that sit around for sale at 100$ or less for months on end with no activity, then a month later it goes out to a pubilic listing and sells anywhere from 2x to 10x the price.

We are all domainers looking on here for a top value snag, so we usually shun the small pickups. Not sure how long good names will be able to sit in the .CA sales section and go untouched. Things are starting to really heat up country wide with .CA

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
end-users settle for up to 4+ word domains. Look at all the billboard, TV and radio ads out the last year. Good money in dot ca sit among traffic domains and uber premiums.

The dot ca end user marketplace is a place of its own. Even the 2 letter, char and numbers are priced based on one sale and a couple of domainers here cleverly creating false hype and hope. Not worth close to what people are asking. I remember savings ca going to 30k, the present owner couldnt even get 20k. he was willing to take a 10k loss.

I can toss more reality into this matter if need be. Although .ca is a great place to be, you gotta keep it real.

Kevin

p.s. I've done well in .com whilst you canucks spend more on .ca :)

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The dot ca end user marketplace is a place of its own. Even the 2 letter, char and numbers are priced based on one sale and a couple of domainers here cleverly creating false hype and hope. Not worth close to what people are asking. I remember savings ca going to 30k, the present owner couldnt even get 20k. he was willing to take a 10k loss.

Couldn't disagree with you more. Everything moves in cycles. And we haven't even begun to see the top of the .ca cycle yet.

I never thought savings.ca was worth the $$$$ not because of the lack of worth in the long run but it was the wrong type of domain to be out in front as an example of value.

But I will say that if you don't BELIEVE that domain you own is worth 4,5 or 6 figures you'll never convince a buyer that it is.

Last edited:

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the domain market is not a science, and that goes for all extensions. the sale price often depends on how much the buyer and seller are motivated (or not). sometimes sellers appear to sell for too low, sometimes buyers appear to pay too much, that's just the way it is. 50k might look like a big sale, but if the buyer is a multi-millionaire it's not much to them. there are too many variables at play, and most are unknown to those looking in from the outside, to say whether a price was right or not. but once a buyer and seller agree on a price, it doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Good point hugegrowth...and savings.ca seemed like an end user sale to me.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the domain market is not a science, and that goes for all extensions. the sale price often depends on how much the buyer and seller are motivated (or not). sometimes sellers appear to sell for too low, sometimes buyers appear to pay too much, that's just the way it is. 50k might look like a big sale, but if the buyer is a multi-millionaire it's not much to them. there are too many variables at play, and most are unknown to those looking in from the outside, to say whether a price was right or not. but once a buyer and seller agree on a price, it doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks.

Sometimes you have to realize that the buyers standing in front of you isn't really the buyer that you want. And disengage.

Anyway you want buyers

http://www.dnforum.com/f510/you-wanted-buyers-maybe-you-want-buy-thread-313339.html#post1508016

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The dot ca end user marketplace is a place of its own. Even the 2 letter, char and numbers are priced based on one sale and a couple of domainers here cleverly creating false hype and hope.

:lol: Jealousy is great. False hype and hope, are you joking ? RR.ca sold at AUCTION for $15100, I then sold 4-5 repeat LL .ca based on that recent auction. There was no FALSE hype or hope given by anyone. The market here determined what they sold for, nothing mystical. That in turn increased the value of random LL's and so on, if that is called hype keep in mind the whole market is than based on hype. It is as Dropwizard said " a cycle ", he is spot on in his answer. Your post is down right ignorant and a suttle poke at the ones who sold.

Last edited:

Ilze

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you have good, solid domains, the buyers are there. No doubt. I agree with G and JP, the market is great and getting better. Some of the domains listed on some of the auctions are not really that good, but the ones that are good acronymns, surnames, generics, etc... seem to have no problem selling. Again...gotta have good domains.
Also, summer is a time when most people take a break. That is one of the reasons that I am not active on any auctions in the summer. In the fall, people are back to work, and thinking about making money. I think the Fall will be very lucrative in the ppc arena, as well as domain sales to End-users getting ready for the Holiday spending season. imo of course :)

Congrats on Dickinson.com Very, very nice investment.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but how do you manage to sign up from a broken link?

He has it posted in another thread, which I got to from this one (I believe). Thus...

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:lol: Jealousy is great. False hype and hope, are you joking ? RR.ca sold at AUCTION for $15100, I then sold 4-5 repeat LL .ca based on that recent auction. There was no FALSE hype or hope given by anyone. The market here determined what they sold for, nothing mystical. That in turn increased the value of random LL's and so on, if that is called hype keep in mind the whole market is than based on hype. It is as Dropwizard said " a cycle ", he is spot on in his answer. Your post is down right ignorant and a suttle poke at the ones who sold.

You're one of the domainers creating the hype on a tbr sale, you then peddled your own at high prices. And for the record I'm not the jealous type.

I don't get your ignorant poke at me either, Can you elaborate ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom