Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

where can I buy potasium iodide in bulk in case of nuclear war

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Most of these survival sites charge an arm and a leg, I live near a nuke plant (which by the way has a contained leak now) also 50 miles from NYC, do any discount pharmacies like walmart or walgreens sell it
Thanks

Domain Days 2024

leo

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hahaha the title was so funny :D sorry i dont know where to get it but LOL.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I found it at natures pantry, it is mostly for my grandkids i wanted it, most people who die after the initial blastwill be from thyroid cancer, iodine taken before or soon after fills the thyroid so radioactive iodine cant enter the thyroid. homeland security and towns around nuke power plants are required to stock it, problem is when an evet happens they expect you to meet at a certain location to get it i am staying indoors with my family.do some research at fda
under potasium iodide and they explain it all. when terrorists use a small nuke or perhaps countries who have small nukes not in large quantities launch it may not be a doomsday scenerio but one where a few safety measures can help

octobus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I do think every household should have it. Not a joke at all some as some are suggesting here...

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol its most probable nuclear war wont even happen and even if happens i dont think u will be living around that nuclear plant u will be moved far awya from there lol

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dirty bombs while a danger are not that huge of a threat really. Meltdowns as Chernobyl showed are indeed a threat. And if the real deal starts up - do as we were taught in nbcw class - bend over and kiss your a**. End of story.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
iodine pills protect from the radioactive iodine but nothing can save you from the fallout, if exposed. Have you looked into gas masks and duct tape?

olebean

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
more to the point, would you want to live in the he** hole afterwards?

ExpireGuy

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
more to the point, would you want to live in the he** hole afterwards?

Exactly what I was reffering to. No one would survive if a full out nuclear strike god forbid ever occurs. Russia alone has roughly 20,000 nukes with enough firepower to level North America 10 times over.
As for the dirty bomb scenario which is more probable the above protectants would have limited effect depending on exposure.

octobus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dirty bombs only have a negligible fallout compared to a genuine fission blasts. It's more a tool of psychological warfare.

T

tekz999

lol, whenever I read this thread got bumped, and see the title again, it just put a smile on my face ^^;

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
iodine pills protect from the radioactive iodine but nothing can save you from the fallout, if exposed. Have you looked into gas masks and duct tape?

only from my military days being on decontamination unit, i remmember the half life of some nukes being very short and the most important thing was to stay indoors as long as possible and avoid the initial fallout. I am not talking major nuke war with russia or china, there are many nations developing nukes
as well as terrorists orginizations, considering indian point sits right on the hudson river and is 30 miles upwind from NYC it is a major target, 100"s if not thousands of ships go by it every day from all over the world, here is westchesters plan to distibute pills

June 4, 2002 Residents Near NY Nuke Plant to Get Iodide Pills WHITE PLAINS, New York (Reuters) - Amid fears nuclear power plants could be the target of terror attacks, officials plan to provide residents near the Indian Point installation, just north of New York, with potassium iodide pills to protect against any release of radioactive gases. West Chester County officials said that beginning on Saturday the pills will be distributed on the first three Saturdays in June at three local schools. The distribution of the pills, which were provided by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission and are known as KI, comes after federal warnings that nuclear power plants could be the targets of future attacks. KI helps to prevent thyroid cancer in the event of a radiological emergency, officials said, by blocking the absorption of radioactive iodide, one of the gases that can be released in a nuclear accident. The county has also stockpiled the KI pills and will distribute them to local schools on request. Forty-six pharmacies in the county have agreed to stock the pills, the Westchester County Health Department said.

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have 50+ NBC masks that I have left over from when I sold them pre Iraqi invasion days. To be honest, Gas and biological masks, and suits would be the safest way to go. Of course it would be your best bet to stay indoors, but staying inside doesnt keep radio active chemicals from affecting you. Though a nuclear attact is not likely, accidents are. Many might not know this, but before we went into iraq, thousands of americans purchased NBC masks in fear of a biological or chemical terrorist attack. Its not likely, but the threat is real. It takes one person, with one mind-set, with one suitcase, in one city or stadium; to cause thousands of deaths. We dont live in a pretty world, as Im quite sure you all realize.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be funny to see Iran and North Korea get into the Potasium Iodide distribution business. Who knows, maybe they've already thought of it and that's what this is all about!

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dude u r crazy no one will go far into this mess for doing business of antbodies of nuclear weapons main thing is protection with nuclear bombs and then getting enrgy

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom