Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Where can I complain/report about a domain reseller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PurpleCow

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Initially, I used to register my domains through a local domain reseller and some of my domains are struck there even now. This reseller does not offer any interface for domain buyers to manage our domains and he even tries for charge us for changes to name servers which is probably illegal. Also they make it very difficult to transfer out domains by not helping the domain buyers with EPP code.

I wanted to complain or report this domain reseller to respective authorities who can take some kind of action on them.

What are the best options here for me?
Thanks much in advance

Quicksale

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be ICANN?

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

Concerned That Your Registrar is not on the Accredited List?
If the company that registered your domain name is not in the accredited registrar directory
If you do not know who your registrar is, you can look it up using a Whois search for your domain name here: http://www.internic.net/whois.html
You can see a complete list of ICANN-accredited registrars here: http://www.icann.org/en/registrars/accredited-list.html

Sorry for double post

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did you contact the upstream registrar ?
Resellers are not bound by Icann rules unlike registrars, that's one good reason to avoid them.

siteman

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
First, you should contact the registrar of this reseller (enom, tucows ...)
Afterthat, you can contact ICANN ...

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If your going to complaint about a reseller who has violated your rights then please don't hold the website/owner from the public. Expose the evidence and company involved so that other Domainers in our community are not targeted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom