Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Where can I get the higest appraisal possible for my domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProPlay

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So I want to know where can I get the best professional appraisal possible for my domain?

Do you guys have any ideas?

In terms of best I mean the most expensive not realistic

Thanks

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
appraisal by peers I guess.. I got a professional appraisal for a domain, they said was 37,000 .. Got the same domain appraised by peers and they told me XXX - XXXX

So, Ill say the peers I guess.

ProPlay

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SouthernTn said:
appraisal by peers I guess.. I got a professional appraisal for a domain, they said was 37,000 .. Got the same domain appraised by peers and they told me XXX - XXXX

So, Ill say the peers I guess.

Thanks Man but I forgot to mention that I am not looking exactly for the most accurate but the most expensive.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
why would you want the most expensive?

That defeats the whole purpose of an appraisal...sure, send me the name and I'll appraise it for $10,000,000

ugh

RegFee

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To me it looks like you are asking for an appraisal that is unrealistically high, such as
"$1,000,000 for iwnvuskcjzhhdlvlkjnsdf1.com"

Well, if that's what you are looking for (don't see why, unless you are looking for a laugh) then get one for free at http://www.swiftappraisal.com/

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
YES!!!

according to swift appraisal my domain: pinkandgreensportsocks.cc

is worth between $12,000-$19,000

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't think pinkandgreensportsocks.cc is worth any more than $8,000 , swiftappraisals may not be accurate all of the time!

ProPlay

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I dont mean that!

I am not looking for a 1,000,000 appraisal!

I want to know which places like AfterNic, Sedo and all of those offer the highest appraisal generally.

I think AfterNic appraises really high dont they? (cause they have a future value feature)

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ProPlay said:
In terms of best I mean the most expensive not realistic
Thanks

Right here on the forum, I see them almost everyday...unrealistic rookie guesses on dumb names. Don't get me wrong though, there are some great folks here that know how to appraise and know exactly what they are talking about, but you'll only see them commenting on the good names...

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So you want the most unrealistic in order to potentially rip off a buyer?

Anyone else see anything wrong with this?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the only appraisals, that can generally be accepted by the "status quo", are those domains which obviously have value. these domains are typically sold, at the sellers price!

for domains that do not fit the above, their value is determined by what a "buyer" is willing to pay!

a person looking for the "most expensive" appraisal is either naive, concerning the business........ or trying run the business on someone.

ProPlay

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The guy said he will pay the appraisal price so I want to get the highest possible price! Anything wrong with that? + he wants it to be from a reputable place like Sedo .. I could go to that automated appraisal sites and get a 100,000 appraisal.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ProPlay said:
The guy said he will pay the appraisal price so I want to get the highest possible price! Anything wrong with that? + he wants it to be from a reputable place like Sedo .. I could go to that automated appraisal sites and get a 100,000 appraisal.

in most cases, if you "show" an effort to save the customer some money, he will often return!

by over expensing this potential transaction, you may lose a repeated customer.
especially if he later discovers that the same appraisal could be had for less and the estimated value had depreciated.

try to do the guy a fair deal.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Your not getting caught up in some sort of scam are you? wasn't there a scam going around with someone asking for appraisals?

RegFee

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
biggedon said:
in most cases, if you "show" an effort to save the customer some money, he will often return!

by over expensing this potential transaction, you may lose a repeated customer.
especially if he later discovers that the same appraisal could be had for less and the estimated value had depreciated.

try to do the guy a fair deal.

Good point. Also, if somehow he sees this thread while waiting for your response, I'm pretty sure he'd disapprove.

ProPlay

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hummm... it may be a scam..

How would it be a scam?

GreatDomains.com and AllDomains.com appraisal is a scam?

Cause he mentions about getting the domain appraised there.. the site could be his.

I didnt order an appraisal there I got it from AfterNic

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just mentioned it because about a month ago I remeber a thread here where a guy was emailing and saying he was intersted in your domain , but asked for an appraisal then told you to do a chargeback on the appraisal or something like that., he was trying to frustrate sedo , afternic and the others. His email got posted in that thread and several others got the same email , maybe you can find the thread.

ProPlay

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It seems he wants me to appraise @ AllDomains.com

The appraisal there is 59 dollars and perhaps the site could be his.

We luckly I apraised @ Afternic so I will send him the appraisal and lets see how he reacts.

One thing I wont do for sure is appraise at AllDomains.com . + he wanted me to keep all the conversations 100% confidential.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
go up to search here on the forum and type in appraisal scam , see if anything matches up to what you recieved.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it is a scam no doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom