Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Where can I register ccTLDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i use eurodns and idotz.net

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would avoid Eurodns too... but most European ccTLDs are more or less unrestricted. Depends which ones you are considering.
For .de you need a local admin contact, certain registrars can provide you with one (I think godaddy does). But I prefer to use German registrars for .de, also you circumvent US jurisdiction and the BS that goes with it :)

There are a few registrars like Eurodns or Key Systems that have a wide range of ccTLDs under the same roof, but you will usually get better prices by using a different (local) registrar for each extension.

Here are the conditions for a few European ccTLDs, these are the ones I am more familiar with
.co.uk unrestricted
.nl local address needed, many registrars do provide theirs for free
.be unrestricted
.lu local admin contact needed
.de local admin contact needed
.fr resident in France or TM
.es unrestricted
.pt local entities
.cz unrestricted
.hu EU entities
.eu EU entities
.ro unrestricted
.dk unrestricted (?)
.at unrestricted
.it EU entities
.ch unrestricted
.pl unrestricted

In cases where the registrant must be a EU resident entity (for example for .it or .eu domains) you can incorporate cheaply in the UK.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would avoid Eurodns too... but most European ccTLDs are more or less unrestricted. Depends which ones you are considering.
For .de you need a local admin contact, certain registrars can provide you with one (I think godaddy does). But I prefer to use German registrars for .de, also you circumvent US jurisdiction and the BS that goes with it :)

I am not worried about jurisdictions - what I've found are non-TM generics (but good ones). Can anyone conform this about GD, though?

Here are the conditions for a few European ccTLDs, these are the ones I am more familiar wit

I'm assuming "unrestricted" means anyone (anywhere) can register them?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, unrestricted means no particular eligibility criteria. Many ccTLDs are unrestricted nowadays.

Gregcyber

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unrestricted for that area, as a US resident you sill need some kind of relationship in that area.

Domainthenet seems to have pulled my domains out of my account :disappointed:
I have to contact them. Main language is Hebrew with a office in NYC

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't use go Daddy for you ccTLDs, they are mainly a ccTLD reseller of a large european registrar . Use a registrar with knowledge about the market you want to enter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom