Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Where do I go to for credible appraisals of parked domains I don't own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadence

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Where would I go to find appraisals on keyword based parked domains I don't own? I'm interested in making offers on parked keyword domains that don't have content but am a newbie at this and don't know where I'd go to get a realistic figure that I should base an offer on.

I know there are domain appraisal services out there but lots of them seem shaky, where they will give outlandish and heavily optimistic and inflated figures. The appraisal forum here is a good resource but of course, that's only for domains you already own. Are there services out there with a quality reputation, or any other credible appraisal resources, free or paid?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is no such thing as 'credible appraisals'.
The true value of a domain name is what an end user is willing to pay for it :)

Okay, I know you don't want to submit ridiculous offers, so look at comparable sales for example.
Anyway, I would say most 'ordinary' domains can change hands for 3- or 4-figure amounts. From $$,$$$ we are usually talking about more upscale domains.

Also, you can just shoot an E-mail and ask for a price. Then you decide if you like it, or try to negotiate the price.

Kadence

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you. How can I go about pegging the amount of the initial offer though? I know it varies a lot but people with experience would have some "feel" of it - is there some place I can get advice on domains I don't own, similar to the appraisal forum here?

For comparable sales, I see parked domains listed on sedo but they usually have grossly overvalued listings, at least to my inexperienced eye. Where else would one find comparable sales of parked keyword based domains?

And is there maybe some vaguely rough estimate guidelines for keyword based domains (assuming no content or traffic)? Let's say a keyword phrase has a value of 500 searches in Wordtracker and has a CPC of $1 in Adwords, what kind of wide range estimate might we be looking at? Again I know it depends on industry and such, but I'm talking very wide range estimates, like where the low end is 1/5th the high end. A big range like that should cover a good quantity of cases I would believe.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you. How can I go about pegging the amount of the initial offer though? I know it varies a lot but people with experience would have some "feel" of it - is there some place I can get advice on domains I don't own, similar to the appraisal forum here?

For comparable sales, I see parked domains listed on sedo but they usually have grossly overvalued listings, at least to my inexperienced eye. Where else would one find comparable sales of parked keyword based domains?

And is there maybe some vaguely rough estimate guidelines for keyword based domains (assuming no content or traffic)? Let's say a keyword phrase has a value of 500 searches in Wordtracker and has a CPC of $1 in Adwords, what kind of wide range estimate might we be looking at? Again I know it depends on industry and such, but I'm talking very wide range estimates, like where the low end is 1/5th the high end. A big range like that should cover a good quantity of cases I would believe.

one thing i will say is...

you seem to be trying to apply values of "adwords" and "cpc" to domains, without really understanding the value of a domain on it's own merits

what is a domain worth without any values from adword tool?

what is a domain worth with no wordtracker numbers?

if those things are what you use to place value, then you will miss everything outside of it's range.

look at a domain for the biz model, social implications/applications and future or growing demand in a service/industry or niche'

made-up words still have potential as well as hand-reggs, expired listings etc.

but if you need to know prices of some names you're interested in, most likely a search for it may yield a past selling price.

imo...

copper

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

LimitedEdition

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Since you said it is parked, request a screen shot of his account where it shows unique visitors per day/month, click though ratio, profit, etc. A fair sale price would be anywhere from 3-12 times the amount of money it generates per month off of parking or adsense revenue, for most domains. It's "value" is what you value it as. No appraisal will tell you what it is accurately worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom