Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Where do successful snaps go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just won my first snap (through snaps.com) and am wondering what now. Their terms include the following paragraph:

Snaps.com has partnerships with various registrars for the purpose of registering domain names. Our registration service entails Snaps.com registering domain names on your behalf with one of our registrar partners. You will have the option of choosing the particular registrar partner you wish to use............. Snaps.com will provide a link on our web site to the relevant agreement of the registrar you choose giving you the ability to review their agreement before you pay the registration fee through Snaps.com.

I don't remember ever getting the option to choose where it goes. Is there a way to get this domain to land directly in my eNom account? If not, where does it go?

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by FrontRow

I don't remember ever getting the option to choose where it goes. Is there a way to get this domain to land directly in my eNom account? If not, where does it go?
No, enom is not snapnames partner, Snapnames üpartners:

VeriSign
BulkRegister
Dodora
Directi
DomainPeople
DomainSite
NamesBeyond
4Domains
domaindiscount24
TotalRegistrations
NameSystem
1dni
NameBay
pairNIC
EnCirca
Nominate

Unregistered

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
BTW, what have you gotten? just curious :)

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The name was MovieDollars.com

So which registrar will it default to if I haven't chosen one? I don't have an account with any of those :(

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It will go to whoever "snapped" it - you will be advised and an account will be set up for you to use the name.
Check the terms carefully, some of them are not very owner friendly when it comes to transfers etc!

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
LoL, EnCirca is one of thier partners? Has anyone ESLE used them. They were one of the .CN preregestrars. It supprises me that such a site has a merchant account and it ICANN approved. I emailed them and they told me they would give me a "discount" for some reason, I was happy but that kinda sounded odd. And also if you search ebay.com / sex.com etc. It shows as avail.!!!

I wish!

Among other things...

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The name was MovieDollars.com
So which registrar will it default to if I haven't chosen one? I don't have an account with any of those :(
You don't get to "choose". The "snapping" is being performed by each of these registrars working in partnership with SnapNames (what helps to make them so effective). When the SnapBack is performed, you get an automatic account with that registrar.

Some registrars will simply use your SnapNames account information, while others will set up brand new account information for you. Some seem pretty decent, others appear very primitive and offer little services. Even transferring away from some is an inconvenient process. Regardless, it can be a little disorienting (by spreading out your domain portfolio amongst many different registrars).

It can also be misleading when you read the "preferred" registrar "option". You may think this refers to the registrar the SnapBack domain name goes to, but it instead refers to the registrar that registers "new names" for you should you choose to use the SnapNames interface to register a name that is available. I've never fully understood the appeal of that feature.

~ Nexus

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How long should it take for my info to show up in whois?

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How long should it take for my info to show up in whois?
At least a day. Also, if the registrar that performs the Snapback offers DNS services, make sure you have the name servers set correctly, DomainSite.com seems to leave them at INTERIMNAMESERVERS.com. You'll spend an extra day thinking you're waiting for the changes to propogate through the net (before your name resolves), when its just set-up wrong.

~ Nexus

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom