Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Where do you sell domains ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carpunky

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering where a good place is to sell your domains besides this forum . Is there auction sites that sell your domains for a fee ?

Thanks

Jeff

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Upgrade to Platinum to sell here.
Afternic and Afternic Bazaar.
Sedo.

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The best place is to sell from your own site with the domains are parked on it. If you aren't up to that or don't have very many, then in addition to the above I'll add fabulous.com. If they are one word domains, greatdomains.com may accept them. If you are confident in value, pool.com marketplace makes some sales (but listing prices are steep). If registered at registerfly.com, their marketplace has also sold a few for me in the past (I heard they may start listing names not registered there). There are a couple other (unnamed) forums as well.

One of the worst places most newbies start is ebay. Expensive, low sales success, and too short a listing time.

Good luck.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree that eBay is a waste of time for most people, and would rather recommend GreatDomains if you have a GOOD name. I have had some good sales via them: prompt payment, peace of mind, worth their commissions. But just so you know this place (DNForum) is also a busy marketplace. Many transactions actually took place behind closed doors (via PM). In short, it really depends whether you have some "good" names. ;)

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I put domains up on eBay every once in a while, but usually end up closing down the auction because it sold for higher somewhere else. eBay is full of totally useless domains at astronomical prices. Domains with dashes (-) in them listing for multiple millions! It's not a good place to sell, but I have seen some high winning bids there. Not enough people check eBay for domains to make it really worth your time.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you have some good domains and you price them reasonably, you should get many sales here at DNF...

darrenl

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DnBidder is another one. Not really known but it seems they have a good site.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the owner of DNBidder spammed me via PM's at 3 different forums, 2 emails and on MSN...

I will not be joining that site anytime soon...

Hey

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
cogeek said:
Dnbiiders don't looks too me very good!

is taht illegal Hey?

??? Is it against dnforum's rule to post other domain forums or something ? It's not my forum or anything just one i'm passing along .

thekingz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well you all got some nice sites and i know a few places thats work good for selling domians "sitepoint.com" and "name pros .com" i wonder if you can post links of other forums on DNF and i not see how thats is illegel hey LOL :-D

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thekingz said:
... i wonder if you can post links of other forums on DNF and i not see how thats is illegel hey LOL :-D
It's not "illegal", it's just that we usually don't post links to competing forums as a common courtesy. I would usually say "elsewhere" or "some other place".

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
via Whois/parking generally gets the best return. Park your names, make revenue, and hold out.

Re: dnBidder (GT), I also got very odd multiple spams. When I tried to deal with the person, he seemed quite unprofessional.

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nameslave said:
It's not "illegal", it's just that we usually don't post links to competing forums as a common courtesy. I would usually say "elsewhere" or "some other place".
NameDiscussion.com - Talking about Domain Names?

And the link in your signature would be?

thekingz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok thats cool and i think maybe the rules are not to post them in the thread the sig might be differnt story as i am only guessing but seem right to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom