Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

where is the websites for sale section??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
am i missing something here? where is it?

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It shouldn't affect sales now that it is all in one place - problem was when it was split IMO. Having a dedicated area for auction names and developed websites actually enhances the listings rather than lumping them with everything else - the promotion of the area is ongoing.

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see, well, we'll give it a shot. thanks!

Ross1982

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wondered where some forums went.

Hang on, in the dnforum auction bit I don't see any threads??

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bad decision, I dont want to auction off my sites....

I really think you guys to put it back the way it was, I never found it a problem having two sections. I think this will be a big blow to the forum

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:

I really think you guys to put it back the way it was, I never found it a problem having two sections. I think this will be a big blow to the forum

No one is asking you to auction your sites - why do members always have a nervous breakdown when a change is made? Let's see the whole process through before we all start a petition :)

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:

I agree. I just listed a site, but am very uncomfortable with it.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
one thing though, with the whole auction format, it is like the live auctions were, many crappy domain names listed for $500...

I dont want to point out anyone in particular, but it seems to me as soon as we set up an auction, terrible names are listed for 100 times what they are worth

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...great day for a double!

diederik

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Few things ;
- There's no thread regarding the websites for sale anymore. I liked the (on-topic) discussion in the sale threads and it gave a lot of more info on the site for sale than the original post, most of the time.
- With this new system, I expect more sellers will have an auction system, and I
personally do not like auctions.
I prefer to discuss a good sale price with the seller/buyer instead of auctioning and wait for xx days before I know if I have 'won' the auction.

My 2 cents...

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with your 2 cents: diederik

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks like any changes (which are overdue) are being made or checked out - a bit of patience whilst this is ongoing and I'm sure you will find everything works well - nobody's spoilt the forum up to now so I think we can be sure that they won't do it this time :-D

hotdog_pk

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
personally i like the idea of the auction system ; although i still strongly believe even Free memberships should be able to bid, and people who arent even members should be able to look at them.

as for the outrageous auction prices - if we dont like the idea, we dont have to buy any names...

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
diederik said:
That makes 4 cents ! :p

But I just found the developed websites for sale as a sub-forum :
http://www.dnforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48
That's what i was looking for!

I never want to auction my sites either. I thought that was the only option left. bad thing tho, if I couldn't find it, how in the world are others going to find it...especially new users?

diederik

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NetProwler said:
That's what i was looking for!

I never want to auction my sites either. I thought that was the only option left. bad thing tho, if I couldn't find it, how in the world are others going to find it...especially new users?

Well, I think renaming the category "Domains for Sale - Fixed Price and Offers" to "Domains, Traffic Domains and Developed Website for Sale - Fixed Price and Offers"
And in the description of that category, a link to both subforums (traffic+dev.websites), like they do on webhostingtalk.com (Dedicated Server Forum -> Cobal Raq, How-To).

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
diederik said:
Well, I think renaming the category "Domains for Sale - Fixed Price and Offers" to "Domains, Traffic Domains and Developed Website for Sale - Fixed Price and Offers"
And in the description of that category, a link to both subforums (traffic+dev.websites), like they do on webhostingtalk.com (Dedicated Server Forum -> Cobal Raq, How-To).

Agree. this way people can find it right off the bat. Kinda like when it was it's own topic "developed websites for sale" ;0) for the whole world to see.

hotdog_pk said:
personally i like the idea of the auction system ; although i still strongly believe even Free memberships should be able to bid, and people who arent even members should be able to look at them.

as for the outrageous auction prices - if we dont like the idea, we dont have to buy any names...

let that kind of time wasting be left to the Ebay users....

Ross1982

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Still can't see no domain auction posts, that suppose to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom