Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

where the clicks go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had 11 clicks on a domain yesterday , this morning it changed to 2 , what the?????
is Parked filtering out clicks from non-US/CA/UK afterward?

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Searchsix.com said:
I had 11 clicks on a domain yesterday , this morning it changed to 2 , what the?????
is Parked filtering out clicks from non-US/CA/UK afterward?

What domain are you talking about, and I can tell you. In 99% of the cases if we don't filter it out within an hour of the click that it's probably Yahoo didn't count it. And it's usually very easy to tell why they count it.

Donny
Parkd.com

changpoo0404

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am a victim of this too. Seems like some thing fishy, 20-30 clicks are wiped off my report some time after midnight. I go to bed with 30-40 clicks and wake up with 10 clicks, rest vanished magically with out a reason or explination. Some of my domains have non-US traffic, but some do have a good US base with good CTR and all that goes up in smoke every night. I am trying out TrafficClub and so far they have been consistent, I think its time to move on. Ironically, Parked.com cutomer service spends more time on DNForum than looking through their tickets list. This sucks... I have been with parked for a week and I have seen enough misery, adios.

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
changpoo0404 said:
I am a victim of this too. Seems like some thing fishy, 20-30 clicks are wiped off my report some time after midnight. I go to bed with 30-40 clicks and wake up with 10 clicks, rest vanished magically with out a reason or explination. Some of my domains have non-US traffic, but some do have a good US base with good CTR and all that goes up in smoke every night. I am trying out TrafficClub and so far they have been consistent, I think its time to move on. Ironically, Parked.com cutomer service spends more time on DNForum than looking through their tickets list. This sucks... I have been with parked for a week and I have seen enough misery, adios.

Having used TrafficClub also myself I would be amazed if they pay you more than Parked.com.

Every day there is always some adjustment when the final figures are received from Yahoo and this is to be expected, no matter what provider you use. The difference at the others is that they dont give credit for the clicks in the first place!

I would consider giving parked.com a longer test if i was you.

cheers.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
changpoo0404 said:

Damn, I didn't know anybody was being a victim here. Since I have no idea who you are based on your DNForum username, I'll see what I can do. The stats we provide to you on a daily basis are an estimate. If you would like I could always remove the estimate from your stats and only show you numbers when they are completed. But personally I like the estimated system, it's not 100% accurate, but it's getting better everyday.

If your numbers changed during the night that is probably because Yahoo didn't like something about your traffic, but we did. Without knowing anything about your traffic or who you are, I'm assuming it's fraud of sometype and they didn't pay for it.

I always recommend testing out as many different providers as possible. Monty has a very good service with TrafficClub.

Please don't call me customer service, I manage 15 programmers, Parked.com and our domain registrars. But if you want to call me customer service, go for it.

Knowing the facts make things much easier to understand.

Donny
Chief Information Officer
Parked.com

Imm

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I feel that what is most important is whether you are getting more revenue out of the domain compared to your previous parking provider. At the end of the day the number of clicks are just secondary statistics.

changpoo0404

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Imm said:
I feel that what is most important is whether you are getting more revenue out of the domain compared to your previous parking provider. At the end of the day the number of clicks are just secondary statistics.
Yes thats the point I am trying to make, From my experience with others Sedo is the crap of the crop, I cant think of anyone that pays less than them and at first look Parked.com seemed like the best of all but then again at the end of the day things fizzed off. The so called estimates on Parked.com are about twice that of the TrafficClub (DS Optimized), but too bad they end up to be 25% of of TrafficClub when the overnight flushing is done. Other than that Parked.Com has kick ass landers and ultimate customization and that was the selling point for me (Donny, I gotta admit you have a good development team but I still stand by my earlier note that the customer service is terrible ). Trafficclub sucks in that aspect, however their DS Optimized reports are never adjusted (trimmed), I mean at the end of day what I see is what I get paid for. I read about people having the same "adjustments" for skenzo pages on Trafficclub.
I am not putting the blame squarely on Parked, from what Donny says Yahoo is ripping us off and sadly there is no accountability. I think to be successful parked needs to crack the whip a little harder with Yahoo.
Oh, well I guess there has been enough whining already, sorry about that, hope our experiences help others as we all pursue the same moola...
good luck and peace

donny, just a word of advice, could you make sure info about yahoo adjusting stats is included in FAQ's in your site. I guess people would not be so upset if they know what to expect.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i have close to every day missing clicks - you just have to get used to it or else - in my case i am much more worried about the click through which really sticks and i contacted parked via pm and also my account manger , but so far there has been no improvement click through % and RPM is the lowest of any ppc service i have ever seen .

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would still like to get an answer on which countries ARE and ARE NOT getting counted by yahoo.?

Alaire

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
which countries aren´t getting counted by yahoo?

Kunas

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My clicks from yesterday have disappeared as well.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have this one name MP3Liste.net that I did not realise how much traffic it had till I parked it at Parked, and it has been earning a few dollars since, but I am wondering what country the traffic is from, and are some of the clicks getting removed by Yahoo cause of what country it is from? The ctr is right now 13.49% average. (667 UV / 90 clicks) if that is the case, I wonder if it would be better at a google based company.

Edit: I was told it is all from Turkey.

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually I wanted to contact Donny regarding the same issue, but found this thread. Throughout the day my CTR is 45% but after the adjustment it is 23%, which makes my revenue almost half. As far as there is nothing we can do because Yahoo does not count the click, maybe there are some countries they do not accept the traffic from and Parked.com could give us a list, so we can use geo-targeting to redirect traffic from specific countries to other providers.

dilpreet

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
hey mr deleted,
As speak deutsch, I can confirm that its mainly german traffic as in deutsch mp3liste means mp3list or list of mp3.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
maxo said:
Actually I wanted to contact Donny regarding the same issue, but found this thread. Throughout the day my CTR is 45% but after the adjustment it is 23%, which makes my revenue almost half. As far as there is nothing we can do because Yahoo does not count the click, maybe there are some countries they do not accept the traffic from and Parked.com could give us a list, so we can use geo-targeting to redirect traffic from specific countries to other providers.

He did finally answer this in another thread , china , turkey , india and some others are out.

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What about Africa?

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is continent, but I want to know if you pay for the traffic coming from Africa.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I recommended that people not send traffic that is based from China, Turkey, and India. Yahoo sometimes pays for that type of traffic and sometimes they don't. I have not heard of any problems with traffic the country of Africa. :)

Donny

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dilpreet said:
hey mr deleted,
As speak deutsch, I can confirm that its mainly german traffic as in deutsch mp3liste means mp3list or list of mp3.
I am a former Amish, so I speak a dilect of german... Some stats on the name from awstats

Countries (Top 25) - Full list
Countries Pages Hits Bandwidth
United States us 354 696 6.35 MB
European Union eu 37 74 796.58 KB
Turkey tr 20 40 431.26 KB
Unknown ip 12 12 58.21 KB
Netherlands nl 5 8 75.05 KB
Great Britain gb 3 4 35.15 KB
Australia au 2 3 24.29 KB
Germany de 2 3 28.64 KB
Saudi Arabia sa 2 3 17.78 KB
Bulgaria bg 1 2 22.12 KB

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom