Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Where to find a good programmer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

insomnia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Lately I've been doing more project development, and I've been hiring programmers. Some of them are good, some just for one job and one guy who almost scammed out (www.stopryan.org, hes got a bunch of people after him lol). I'm having trouble finding consistent programmers, and its like the saying goes: Good help is hard to find.

I usually post on WHT, or use my forum resources like here, name pros, sitepoint etc, the usual hangouts. I looked at the freelance services like getafreelancer, but most of them seem to be overseas firms that always give a templated response to your project listings "7 year old firm, we can do your job blah blah" that I don't feel are too trustworthy enough.

So where do you go to find workers? Reliable, affordable, communicative and consistent people. (Btw, if anyone knows a great PHP programmer, PM me :))

Domain Days 2024

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Scriptlance may be good like getafreelancer actually but you have to do your shopping. Some people are good (even from overseas but there are Americans too). You are right about the canned responses and auto-bids but I would say it actually makes it easier to filter out the junk offers ;-)
Other than that, Elance ?

demo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
guru.com is a place you could look.

ibg

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well the next time you need some projects done feel free to PM me :p
P.S. Sorry if this is not the right place to post this.

pleasedelete

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you're trying to find a good php programmer cheap, that will be an issue. Good php programmers will be working on their own projects (which directly put cash in their own pockets) and won't want to work for you. Bad php programmers will be looking to work for others. Some good php programmers might just like to work for others for some reason (sometimes job security or health benefits), but they will cost a pretty penny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom