Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Where to list .ca's for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Packrat

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a real good site, Canadian that is, at which to list .ca domains? Need one that does a lot of business. Can't seem to move any at Sedo or AfterNic. Getting real tired of that $100 offer from a buyer through SEDO. I've bitched at them that they should have a notice when a buyer makes an offer they should consider the fact that it will cost the seller 10%, min. $100.

Of course, maybe my names are just real bad :)

Thanks...

Domain Days 2024

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You're hitting some big venues and the .CA names you have look decent...perhaps you should try changing your marketing a bit...instead of thinking Canada, think California ... 5th largest economy in the world...with that, who needs Canada :laugh:

On Afternic, in particular, add a comment about how .CA domains are great for California-based business/individuals, etc.

An example of how marketing makes all the difference is the .TV ccTLD...they took a ccTLD of a country most folks never heard of, let alone ever find on a map, and have marketed it so that folks associate .TV with television/media. And some .TV generic domains have reportedly sold for tens of thousands.

If you doubt the California marketing approach, do some googling - you'll see how many folks associate .CA with California - also it may give you some ideas as to what to do with domains in your .CA portfolio.

Ron

WebMomentum

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The problem with that theory is the residency regulations with .ca's - much more strict that .us. In a nutshell, you essentially (you can get around it - but it would be tough to convince a California buyer to submit fraudulant contact info) have to be Canadian to own one.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WebMomentum
The problem with that theory is the residency regulations with .ca's - much more strict that .us. In a nutshell, you essentially (you can get around it - but it would be tough to convince a California buyer to submit fraudulant contact info) have to be Canadian to own one.

I was wondering about that when I posted my message, but I was thinking Canada had relaxed their requirements awhile back...guess not. Thank you for the info.

On an aside, residency/usage restrictions and jurisdictional/legal issues are why I avoid ccTLDs like the plague and I only have about two dozen total.

Ron

Packrat

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by valuenames
You're hitting some big venues and the .CA names you have look decent...perhaps you should try changing your marketing a bit...instead of thinking Canada, think California ... 5th largest economy in the world...with that, who needs Canada :laugh:

Hey - I always think California since I'm up here in Canada freezing my n__ts off :)

Oh well I guess that most Canadian business is still looking for that elusive .com...

Packrat

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Looks good - a new site just starting up it appears but I'll be happy to give them a
"try" :)

Thanks for the tip...

Zaphrod

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how you found "try.ca". Were you able to sell your domains?

stiny

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How long has try.ca been running for. Because i was looking over the site and don't see many name posted for sale there. I would really like to try it out does anyone have good feed back they can share.
Stiny

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
stiny said:
i was looking over the site and don't see many name posted for sale there.
I actually don't see ANY name there at all:

Total Items Listed: 0

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's an up and coming .ca resource site started by a member here named Provider. I am sure he would be happy to answer any questions you have on the site. And knowing Provider, it will be a fantastic site for your .ca names as it is his profession. I have purchased many great names from him personally.

Maybe I was confused ... it might be this site i was speaking of

http://www.every.ca

Provider

www.mike.ca
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I opened www.Every.ca few months ago , and this site has listings there of domain names available for sale. If you want to post your .ca names for sale send me an
email and will post them onthe first page. At this point we have 300 visitors a day.
I will place your names on the first page. Please provide information that you want to
have with the names , contact info , prices etc.
Also , in addition to www.Every.ca I opened a forum on www.Gain.ca
The site is new, it doesn't have too many members, but it is a forum
where everyone can buy and sell .ca names.
Unless we are all start listing names there it won't be popular. The same
happened with www.Try.ca
Not many people want to list names there. I mean many people here on dnforum
would like to have a separate are for .ca names. But what is the point to have one
if people don't post .ca names for sale? Most of the people hold them and wait.

Anyway here is few good names that are still available:

conduct.ca
confuse.ca
foreseen.ca

DomainTrader

Domain Name Expert/Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
at domaintrader.ca you can buy sale and trade in all extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom