Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Wanted: Service Where to reg 2 charcter domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

micky

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

where can I reg 2 character domains in the top 7 extensions? I know that LL/NN domains exist but is it still possible to register new ones? At Godaddy for example it always says minimum length error.

Thanks
Mike

micky

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And which do not have a 3-char min policy?

IT Web Team said:
there are no 2 char domains available for registration in any of the top7 extensions.
and some of them have a 3-char minimum policy.

H

H2FC

I know of a couple of 2 letter domains that all the "whois" say are available. When I try to register them I get the "minimum length error" message too. Can it be possible these two LL domains have been overlooked and nobody will register them because they are too short??

micky

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ew.com
gh.net
23.org

for example are all registered. So why do we have a 3 char min. policy? Since when is this?

And what happens when these would expire? Available to re-reg or not due to any new policy?

jandy519

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
they are all registered...the only way-->buy from the owner...
and such as 2 chart.org...
if the domain is "expired"....and the owner don't renew it....
then the domain won't be registered again...

micky

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That sucks. Why did they come up with that 3 char rule?

H

H2FC

"they are all registered...the only way-->buy from the owner...
and such as 2 chart.org...
if the domain is "expired"....and the owner don't renew it....
then the domain won't be registered again..."

Now, let me be sure I understand what you are saying here...Are you saying that if a LL domain is not kept active by not renewing, it can no longer be registered again by anyone? anywhere?

If that is true it would explain why I can see two LL names now that are available, but I can't register them. And if that is true there are probably a lot more of them available right now besides these two. But I don't really believe any of this. I think there is an error in the system causing the names to show up as available when really they are not. That sounds more logical to me....but I'm not really sure.

Is there anyone here that can clear this up? Thanks

Bender

Bending
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
let me clarify this:
One can own a .com, .net, .org 2char domain -none are available for registration, you need to buy them from a previous owner.
Once a 2char .org expires, it becames unavailable for registration.
2char .biz, .info,.us cannot be registered.

You can still register some 2char ccTLD's though.

jandy519

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
there are some 2 chart .org that can't be registered...
you can try to check the whois
31.org 5C.org 75.org AC.org FS.org H9.org
MW.org NQ.org O7.org QD.org UR.org Yo_Org
Z9.org ZI.org ZL.org ZP.org bp.org nh.org

H

H2FC

Hi Daniel,

Please excuse me for questioning...I'm trying to learn. When you say there are no .com, .net, and .org 2 char. names (and does this include the LL names) available for registering are you saying that because they have all been registered and for whatever reason they may become available again (such as someone letting the registration expire) they are not allowed to be registered again by any registrar? And does the same rule apply to the .biz, .info, and the .us tlds? Does the 2 char. names you referred to include the LL names also?

Next Question....If a LL name cannot be registered why does some of them show up as being available on the registrar's website? I'm not sure you can answer this but I'll ask it anyway. And be assured, some do show up as being available.

mmkrulz

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dmtalk said:
Hi Daniel,

Please excuse me for questioning...I'm trying to learn. When you say there are no .com, .net, and .org 2 char. names (and does this include the LL names) available for registering are you saying that because they have all been registered and for whatever reason they may become available again (such as someone letting the registration expire) they are not allowed to be registered again by any registrar? And does the same rule apply to the .biz, .info, and the .us tlds? Does the 2 char. names you referred to include the LL names also?

Next Question....If a LL name cannot be registered why does some of them show up as being available on the registrar's website? I'm not sure you can answer this but I'll ask it anyway. And be assured, some do show up as being available.
whois cant be held responsible for every possibility out there, LL still falls under 2 character, because 2 letters are still two characters, and no they cannot be registered, they can be bought from previous owners, but they CANNOT be registered, in the top three extentions atleast.

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dmtalk said:
Hi Daniel,

If a .com or .net drops, which is VERY rare they will likely end up with a drop service, pool ext. They will then go into an action and sell for market value (often way beyond "reseller" market value in some cases).

The same applies to .org, however if the name actually expires it will be reserved by the registry (pir.org) and won't become available for registration again.

Two letter/char names in the .biz, .info, .us namespace are not possible, and never have been.

If a registrar lists a two letter/char name as available in the TLDs mentioned above, it's typically an error on the part of registrar.

Your best chances of securing a two char/letter name in the extensions mentioned above is to buy direct from current registrant. You might however need to take out a second mortgage, two letter names in the major TLDs are notoriously expensive :).

- Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom