Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Where to sell traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

macblogger

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have domain with unique 3000 visits per day, do you know where I can sell that traffic and how much they pay for mille ? Thanks

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
traffic ain't worth a dime, if it doesn't convert.

macblogger

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks for helpful answer. I dont know, that's why I ask.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bot/spam traffic = worthless, wasted bandwidth => does not convert
Traffic from real visitors with spending power, willing to buy = $$$ => does convert

The whole point of buying traffic is to sell products and services to visitors, or at least collect leads or personal data like E-mail addresses.

If you are going to sell traffic you must be able to provide stats and explain where it does come from and what visitors are looking for.
  • geographic origin and distribution
  • type-in vs backlinks/referals
  • general patterns

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for helpful answer. I dont know, that's why I ask.

the pattern you've shown so far is, that you do first...then ask questions after it's too late.

or when you ask and get an answer, then you ignore replies that don't support your agenda

you won't learn much by being "spoon-feed" all the answers

on this one, i just didn't feel like feeding you, but thumbs up to "kat" for serving you a meal.

eat slowly, so you don't gag on the info

:)

Bot/spam traffic = worthless, wasted bandwidth => does not convert
Traffic from real visitors with spending power, willing to buy = $$$ => does convert

The whole point of buying traffic is to sell products and services to visitors, or at least collect leads or personal data like E-mail addresses.

If you are going to sell traffic you must be able to provide stats and explain where it does come from and what visitors are looking for.
  • geographic origin and distribution
  • type-in vs backlinks/referals
  • general patterns

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What you're talking about is having "someone" pay you x amount of dollars for your traffic.

That "someone" will only write you a cheque if said "someone" thinks that his investment of x amount of dollars in your traffic will garner a return to make back and perhaps profit on his outlay.

While 3,000 unique visitors a day is very good traffic (over 1 mm visitors per year), it doesn't matter whether you're getting 3 visitors per day or 300,000 visitors per day; that traffic has to generate revenue for your advertiser.

If it doesn't, your advertiser will very quickly become a former advertiser.

And without being able to credibly prove the source of the traffic, you probably won't have any advertisers to start with.

I'd suggest running some analytics and determining where your traffic is coming from (traffic from India attracts a different type of advertiser than one seeking traffic from the US), where they're coming from (typo of an existing site, google, backlinks on other sites, etc.), and just why they're coming to the site to start with.

If your traffic is any good, it could command some serious money. That said, I'd recommend doing some research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom