Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Where to start?

REK15

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm new to all this, and I'm finding it very hard to know where to start.

There's a number of Udemy courses on domain flipping, but each of them feels to me a bit incomplete. The thing I've found that I like the look of most is an online course called "Domain Flipping", by the Millionaire Society, but it seems to have been produced in 2010 and I imagine things may have changed a lot since then!

Is there a good starting point – it could be a book or some kind of online resource – that people would recommend for newbies?

Thank you.
Richard

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

first, welcome to DNForum.com!

second, get rid of the term "domain flipping" from your vocab

it's not like what you heard or read or saw in a video

best advice for right now, is learn how to buy the right domains, before trying to sell domains.

the best domains, sell themselves

no one has to speak for them, you can read it and know instantly what it means and visualize applications for it

other low level names need explanation, hyped up stats, descriptive adjectives, etc. or are part of a vast pool of randomness

read thru domains wanted section and go back 10 years, then read thru domains for sale sections.
see what buyers are looking for over the years and what names have sold thru same period.

noticed budgets and how they've increased, decreased or stayed the same.

search for the facts, don't assume, just because.

Good Luck!

imo…...

ayan787

Level 1
Reaction score
Hi

first, welcome to DNForum.com!

second, get rid of the term "domain flipping" from your vocab

it's not like what you heard or read or saw in a video

best advice for right now, is learn how to buy the right domains, before trying to sell domains.

the best domains, sell themselves

no one has to speak for them, you can read it and know instantly what it means and visualize applications for it

other low level names need explanation, hyped up stats, descriptive adjectives, etc. or are part of a vast pool of randomness

read thru domains wanted section and go back 10 years, then read thru domains for sale sections.
see what buyers are looking for over the years and what names have sold thru same period.

noticed budgets and how they've increased, decreased or stayed the same.

search for the facts, don't assume, just because.

Good Luck!

imo…...

Truth has been spoken :)

REK15

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Many thanks Biggie for your welcoming message and helpful reply (and also to ayan787 for your reassurance that you share Biggie's view). I shall certainly adopt that approach! R.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators