Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Which do you think is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have several domains pointed to one site (I only promote one domain, the rest are 301'd to that domain).

I have two domains that stick out in my mind are these two (keyword represents the exact phrase of what the sites are about):

keywordsonline.com
keywords.org

I've been using the keywords.org to promote the site.

Do you think I've done the right thing or should I point it to the .com and 301 everything to there? The keyword is a 3 word phrase used for an extremely popular item.

Thank you in advance!

BTW - a Google search for KEYWORDS brings up 168,000 results. "Keywords" brings up about 70,000. (IMO very short, but who am I to argue with?)

The two word version brings up 200K results not in quites, about 160K in quotes.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The site was getting no traffic due to lack of publicity and I had it on a back burner. Now, in the past few weeks I've added a lot to it, built it up (with a lot of help with one of the most knowledgeable people in this field), I have no idea how it will be indexed and probably won't for a while.

My reasoning for pointing it to the .org - I figured an exact keyword match in a .org is better than a keywordonline.com (plus, I'll be mainly going for links and promotions though business cards).

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Doesnt forwarding domains to another hurt ranking? Even when 301

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had been told otherwise by my programmer / seo guru

Believe me, it's fine... If your going to do a redirect, 301 redirect is the way to go.

If that's true then I may be in trouble, I have a few keyword domains (.info, .org, and .com) all pointed to the keyword.org site. :(

It wouldn't be hurting it, but at the same time, probably not helping much either. Best to build mini sites on these domains to provide links to the main site.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It wouldn't be hurting it, but at the same time, probably not helping much either. Best to build mini sites on these domains to provide links to the main site.

I've heard that if you have links based from the same server it would actually hurt though Google. I've tried to keep these to a minimum and I am way too poor (and the sites don't have enough traffic) for a dedicated server.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've heard that if you have links based from the same server it would actually hurt though Google. I've tried to keep these to a minimum and I am way too poor (and the sites don't have enough traffic) for a dedicated server.

Being interlinked on the same server would be a better setup then what you have now.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I'll see what I can do. There's only so much (beneficial) information out there and I don't want to get dinged for duplicate content. I already have some cross interlinking but with sites not an exact match for this, but other aspects / people in it.

dherwan

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
301 redirect is ok for SEO. No point doing it just because it's a keyword domain without links, it won't do a thing (unless domain has traffic)
but it would be more optimize when you're not using redirect 301, firstly better hosting on your server/free hosting so can make more SEO optimization and then pointing your web to another favorite web.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
but it would be more optimize when you're not using redirect 301, firstly better hosting on your server/free hosting so can make more SEO optimization and then pointing your web to another favorite web.

Exactly. Which is what I explained above, regarding building mini sites.

Stinos

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would also go for the .org.

And about the redirect (301), I'm quite sure that it will NOT damage your ranking. But just as the other people say, I would develop them. Host it on a different hosting company. And put some links up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom