Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Which domain parking service provides conversion data?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olney

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I recently saw a post on Morgan Linton's blog about ways to pick domains to develop.

He has 4 parking services listed in the post
Trafficz
DomainApps
DomainSponsor
& SmartName

He then writes this
The other day a single click on one of my domains brought in $2,500 for one lucky advertiser, but a mere $5 for me.

I tried to reply asking which parking service supplies this conversion data especially exact sales.
I own a lot of domains that I generally develop for Japan so I haven't tried to use a lot of different parking services.

It might be Epik which I personally thought was a good system (if it wasn't for Google).
I'm writing it in this section instead of the PPC Monitization section because it might be an exclusive system.

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but to me it sounds like Morgan Linton was speculating that his click had resulted in a transaction for the business being advertised ... and also estimating the value of such a client / transaction to the business based on a visit to their website (or a similar website).

Pesonally I doubt that any parking company has much incentive to publish what a follow-through click is worth to a business--or (more importantly) any way of tracking whether a click leading to a website results in a successful paid transaction within that website.

And that's part of what makes the $2500 / $5 comparison dangerous. It's not necessarily true that an ad provider or parked domain is getting the short end of the stick. $2500 for a new client is, indeed, substantial. But how many clicks, statistically speaking, are required to lead to that new client? Is it 1 in 10? 1 in 100? 1 in 1000? That would make the advertising cost upwards of $50 or $500 or $5000 for that single lead.

If I am mistaken, and a parking company does provide such information, I would be legitimately interested to learn that I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom