Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Which domain to use for development project?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptaylor

DNF Newbie
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am starting a company to offer 1031 Exchange Services for domain owners. 1031 Tax Deferred Exchanges allow investors to sell appreciated assets and defer 100% the payment of their capital gain taxes by acquiring replacement assets. Investors can therefore keep 100% of their profits working for themselves instead of paying about one-third (1/3) of their profits to the government in taxes. I am trying to decide which of the following domains I should brand for this venture and would appreciate any opinions.

1031DOMAINS.COM
1031DOMAINING.COM
DN1031.COM
1031DN.COM

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am giving you my opinion. Man you got it all wrong. No disrespect and I appreciate your drive but most domainers would not want to give a third party more information than they have to. There is no brand.

Last edited:

ptaylor

DNF Newbie
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
cbk, I don't follow your comment....could you elaborate? What info would they be giving to a third party? A 1031 exchange allows is an IRS tax law that allows domain owners to sell domains and defer 100% of their capital gains taxes provided they follow the Section 1031 rules. By law, to do this they need what is called a qualified intermediary to process the paperwork, hold the funds until they reinvest their proceeds into new domains. Are you saying that domainers don't care if they pay 1/3 of their profits to the IRS when they don't have to by law?

T

tekz999

None. Reasons below:

1031DOMAINS.COM - means you have a total of 1031 domains.
1031DOMAINING.COM - no meaning.
DN1031.COM - only use acronyms for your company.
1031DN.COM - only use acronyms for your company.

You should get names with a clear, instant, direct description.
e.g. DomainersFreedom, FreeTheDomainers, TaxFreeLife, stuff like those.. so even in the worst case scenario, the business did not go the way you wanted, you can always turn these domains into other developmental ideas. A backup all-rounded plan for all occasions.

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong but isnt the 1031 only a deferred tax payment and does not apply to domainers who buy domain names to sell for profit like in auctions or marketplaces but only to keep in their portfolio as intent only for rental, investment or a business. I have been thinking about this and it does seem like a great way to invest all your proceeds into growing your portfolio without paying taxes if you follow the rules.

ptaylor

DNF Newbie
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Personal property qualifies for 1031 Exchange treatment as long as the asset was held for rental or investment or used in a trade or business. 1031 Exchanges of personal property can include airplanes, ships, railroad cars, trucks, machinery, livestock, and art, as well as intangible personal property such as radio and television broadcasting licenses, copyrights, trademarks, internet domain names or URL addresses, franchise licenses, and much more.

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds interesting, feel free to PM me more info about these services, but I have to agree with tekz about your chosen domains, if you are looking for a good dn name, PM me, I have a very good .com ;)

ptaylor

DNF Newbie
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
zurc.net

I plan to launch our site in the next two weeks and will PM you once it has launched. If anyone else is interested in getting more info please let me know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom