Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Which drop catcher gets priority?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossfade

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If multiple people back orders on a single domain, how does the system gives priority?

ibjp

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
from what I understand, if the mutiple backorders are with the same company, ie like 3 people backorder the same domain on pool, pool will put the domain up for auction. I dont know if this is true with all drop catchers.

But in terms of which company catches it on the drop? I think that depends largely on timing.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
there is no company that has "priority" over drops, though its been my experience that Snapnames is the quickest while Godaddy is the slowest

NameMatters

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When will we know if a particular domain went to whom? I mean how long after the expiry of the name? any thoughts?

thanks,

Gregoire

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When will we know if a particular domain went to whom? I mean how long after the expiry of the name? any thoughts?

thanks,

As soon as the name resolves you can see the parking page and guess who caught the name.

Terminator

RR Media
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If it goes through the entire drop process, you should know the very next day by looking in Whois.

Beware, If your looking to register a garbage domain like "britneywinkedatme.com" that has zero traffic, dont expect it to drop, drop catchers like Snapnames are grabbbing these drops, putting them up for auction, and when it doesnt sell, they release it, if it has traffic and showing profit, they keep them!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom