Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Which is the best company for appraisals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
no one. Post your domain in appraisal section and you'll get the best appraisals and it's free.

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
None. Actual domain sales are the best appraisals.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A good place to start is reading over the lists of stuff that has sold.

I agree that actual domain sales (OF OTHER DOMAINS) are very good pointers. It's sad that for more than a decade, the domain name industry has yet to come up with even a half decent appraisal system.

Those by brokers like Sedo are not exactly neutral because of their pro rata comissions (i.e. their comissions are higher with higher sales prices). What you get from forums (incl. DNForum) are biased, because generous apparaisers who contribute could well be your potential buyers who are more interested in curbing your enthusiasm.

I once took part in an appraisal panel discussion elsewhere (you know, the other forum that failed), and that is the most promising system I've ever seen so far. In short, it's an expert panel made up of members with proven forum involvement (e.g. 12 months of membership and 500 posts) and sales records (incl. total number of domain names sold or bought, date of first domain name sold/bought, and at least 3 sales/purchases with prices made publicly available). The bottom line was to ensure quality control while encouraging participation. Unfortunately, moderators over there were not exactly the grateful type, and the only one with the necessary sense of collegiality did not have much say, so it never took off.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Which is the best company for appraisals?

Me. I guarantee fast results and a hand appraisal.

Please send $89.99 to ....

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
An appraisal can be a very useful tool in the negotiation process, it's the only reason I would consider obtaining one. If this is what you want to use it for, I suggest AppraiseDomains.com. They offer 3 appraisals in 3 classifications;

The CMV is the amount which would be considered fair if neither buyer nor seller are unduly motivated.

The PMV is what you may expect if your name were to meet up with ideal market conditions (e.g. non-trademark infringing and essential for particular market) .

The SSV is the Suggested Sales Value. Though the final sales value of the domain name depends on a variety of factors, our Suggested Sales Value has proven to be effective when attempting to agree on a domain name's value by both buyer and seller.

And NO, I'm not affiliated with this company, Afternic was using them for a while and I purchased about 6 of them, 4 of which have sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom