Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Which is the cheapest .com registrar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi, where are the cheapest .coms currently? Ideally one that has an affiliate plan, but not necessarily.

Also .info, .biz and .us if you know ...

Thanks!

Domain Days 2024

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i think domainsite.com offers the cheapest for .info while godaddy.com is better for .com

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
aZooZa said:
I thought I'd seen .coms at $5.95 somewhere?

Thanks!

Everything under $6.50 is a little suspicious in my mind.
Normal is $6.90 it can not go much lower. Other then some kind advertaising or campaign

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
aZooZa said:
I thought I'd seen .coms at $5.95 somewhere?

Thanks!

no problem

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
aZooZa said:
Hi, where are the cheapest .coms currently? Ideally one that has an affiliate plan, but not necessarily.

Also .info, .biz and .us if you know ...

Thanks!
My favorite
http://www.dnforum.com/f122/cheapest-registrar-april-2006-a-3-thread-144001.html#post817202
added
John Mauriello said:
Pricing for DNF members at Moniker.com is:

$6.95 .com / $5.49 .net / $6.95 .org / $4.49 .info (.net and
.info rate apply new Regs only, xfer and renewals are $6.95)

To obtain this pricing contact [email protected] and indicate DNF Member in the subject line, and your account #.

To register your Moniker account:
http://www.moniker.com/newaccount.jsp

We will provide you personized service, security, tools, great value, and help you grow the value of your domain portfolio

John A. Mauriello

[email protected]

O - 954-984-8445
Toll Free - 800-688-6311
F - 954-969-9155

jim

godaddy has $5.95 .us sale going on
fabulous.com $6.75 though .net is only $4.75

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think Moniker will give you .com's at $6.95 if you mention you are from DNF...even if its a bit more expensive at Moniker, it is most certainly worth it for the quality of service one gets.

DeluxeNames.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'll mention the darkhorse because I like them and they have got a lot of the kinks out: IPower.com

I have 51 domains there and the first 50 are 2.95 for the first year (new or transfers).
Since I have 50-100, all additional names are 6.95 (but you have to call the sales dept. and ask them to switch you to the 6.95 pricing and they will).

Also if you move a large bunch of domains over, the sales rep said he can get me the 6.85 pricing. It's cool, you can call their sales department and make a deal with them.

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Somehow a year ago I landed a $6.85 account w/ moniker, so im with them for life!

Nestvman

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ipower.com is the cheapest that I have seen at $2.95. per each for .com,.net.info..biz.us

ipower- forgot to mention that that rate is only good for the first year. after that it's $8.95.

demo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1and1.com charges $5.99 for .COM, .NET, .INFO, .NAME + no strings...

I use em all the time and love them plus they have an excellent affiliate program. Example: you make $2.50 if someone registers a $5.99 domain from your link.

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Email [email protected] with DNForum and your acct # in the subject line to obtain the pricing below.

Pricing for DNF members at Moniker.com is:

$6.95 .com / $5.49 .net / $6.95 .org / $4.49 .info (.net and
.info rate apply new Regs only, xfer and renewals are $6.95)

To register your Moniker account:
http://www.moniker.com/newaccount.jsp

We will provide you personized service, security, tools, great value, and help you grow the value of your domain portfolio

John A. Mauriello
[email protected]
O - 954-984-8445
Toll Free - 800-688-6311
F - 954-969-9155

DeluxeNames.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
demo said:
1and1.com charges $5.99 for .COM, .NET, .INFO, .NAME + no strings...
I use em all the time and love them plus they have an excellent affiliate program. Example: you make $2.50 if someone registers a $5.99 domain from your link.

I have somewhere around 650 domains with 1and1 and there is one HUGE problem:
The domain prices are going up next year so I'm adding years to my domains now to avoid the extra fee later.
1and1 WON'T LET YOU ADD YEARS TO YOUR DOMAINS!

I still can't believe this is the case but I looked everywhere how to do it and you can't. Someone please tell me I'm wrong.

Now, I'm going through the process of moving domains somewhere else so I can add years. Trust me, it's as HARD AS HADES transfering from 1and1. I'm going through this horror story right now. My customer had to restart the transfer process like 5 times and he's starting to think something fishy is going on because he's already paid and he must wonder if I'm playing with him. 1and1 keeps blocking the transfers saying things like: "The domain is locked at the registar," when, it is for sure unlocked.

Can anyone answer this question? To get a domain to transfer from 1and1, do I need to go to cancel.1and1.com and choose "cancel with Expire" for the domain I need to transfer out? I simply unlocked the domain and so far that's not working.

Stay away, stay far away!

fredlucas

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, 1and1 is awful.

Don't go to cancel.1and1 to release your names. This will make your life even more miserable.

You unfortunately have to unlock each domain individually (you can't do all at once).

Moniker's transfer system is set up well for handling transfers out of 1and1. Once you request a transfer into moniker, they send the registrar a transfer request once a day until the domains are transferred.

They also send you a daily email summarizing the status of all of your transfers. This makes it very easy to deal with reluctant registrars. You submit to Moniker once, and then iterate with your registrar to get it to work right. I found this method to work well with 1and1 domains.

DeluxeNames.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
John Mauriello said:
1and1 is not a Registrar they are a reseller- you need to escalate with www.schlund.de. We can get this done for you when you transfer to Moniker. We have successfully transferred very large portfolios out, but its not an easy.

Thank you very much John and Fred for this info. I do have 2 domains w/ Moniker form a Pool drop and their interface and service has been great. Others have said nothing but good things aobut them so I might just give them a try.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom