Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Which name sounds better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbalagh

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have dyketionary.com already and now i want to do a wikipedia kind of site i purchsed both of these domains because i wasn't sure which would be best to use

dykeopedia.com or dykepedia.com

What do you think?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
a far as dyke names go, they both suck

:)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I like dyketionary the most. The other two are prone to typo'ing.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have dyketionary.com already and now i want to do a wikipedia kind of site i purchsed both of these domains because i wasn't sure which would be best to use

dykeopedia.com or dykepedia.com

What do you think?

So you picked a derogatory term and coupled it with pedia... Your target audience should love that. :rolleyes:

Side note: I just picked up iiillliiillliiill.com and illlliiiiiiilllliiil.com (can't believe they were available for hand reg). Which is better?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
So you picked a derogatory term and coupled it with pedia... Your target audience should love that. :rolleyes:

Side note: I just picked up iiillliiillliiill.com and illlliiiiiiilllliiil.com (can't believe they were available for hand reg). Which is better?

"Dyke" is not a derogatory term. On the other hand, "beards" have another interesting use: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beard_(companion)

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"Dyke" is not a derogatory term. On the other hand, "beards" have another interesting use: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beard_%28companion%29

Dyke is a pejorative term for a lesbian; it also is a slang adjective describing things associated with lesbianism. It originated as a derogatory label for a masculine woman, this usage still exists. However, some persons attempt to use it in a manner that they see as positive, or as a neutral synonym for lesbian.[1] To some extent, the word has been reappropriated.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Yeah, I can use Wikipedia too. But lesbians call themselves 'dykes' all the time. It's like the use of the N*word among Blacks. I don't see any racial or derogatory connotations. Did you read the "beards" link?

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I can use Wikipedia too. But lesbians call themselves 'dykes' all the time. It's like the use of the N*word among Blacks. I don't see any racial or derogatory connotations. Did you read the "beards" link?

Yeah be white and drop the N bomb around black people. See how well that goes over.

I'm familiar with the other beards term. I actually considered creating a community for gays to find beards locally. Way to much work though. Plus facial hair is awesome.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Yeah be white and drop the N bomb around black people. See how well that goes over.

I'm familiar with the other beards term. I actually considered creating a community for gays to find beards locally. Way to much work though. Plus facial hair is awesome.

But you missed the point. A 'dyke' community won't flop around dykes. That's my point. It's a perfectly acceptable term to use, among peers.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
But you missed the point. A 'dyke' community won't flop around dykes. That's my point. It's a perfectly acceptable term to use, among peers.

Solid point. +1 to you sir.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was just yanking your chain :D

Anyway, beards are awesome as facial hair. Especially if your last name is Klaus. :D

Who told you my secret? Can we get a mod in here to remove that last comment. Kids around the world will mob me if this gets out.

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you're determined to use one of these 2 domains, then use the one that is a pun on "dictionary". At least it has that element of wit. The "-pedia" version has nothing going for it whatsoever.

Oh, I misunderstood. You're already using that one. The other two "-pedia" domains aren't worthwhile, in my opinion. But if you went with one, you'd need both as redirects due to the likelihood of typos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom