Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Which registrar do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floob

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I only have about 10 or so domains registered at the moment, and I use a standard registrar for this. Its not the cheapest but I get a good service from them. Although one problem is that they dont register .us, .ws etc... type domains, and when I transfer in they ask for a renewal fee.

I'm wondering who you guys use if you manage in excess of 20 or so domains. I guess I want to know who you would recommend so I can quickly swap in and out domain names with little or no cost. I would hope to be able to specify where to forward emails to the domain to, url forwarding and nameserver changes.

Thanks for your input.

Floob.

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GoDaddy.com

Especially with codes USA6 and USA1 = $3.24 .com registration

Joe

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Opensrs :cool:

(ev1servers.net reseller)

-Joe

LeftRightOut

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use Cnobin.com for cheap and cheerful PPC type names that just get forwarded.

enom for a few names that I can't be bothered switching DNS to my server.

And an account at every other registrar to make incoming pushes easy.

Floob

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
theparrot said:
Hmmm.. I guess enom. Any registrar is going to charge you a years fee for the transfer in though, that is just the way it works.

So a transfer in is from registrar to registrar, and a push is from owner to owner within the same registrar?

From what people have said it seems as though enom might be the way to go.

I dont think my curent registrar recognises a 'push' or at least doesnt make it that easy to do.

LeftRightOut

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Floob said:
So a transfer in is from registrar to registrar, and a push is from owner to owner within the same registrar?

Correct

Floob said:
From what people have said it seems as though enom might be the way to go.

A lot of people have enom accounts as it's quick and easy to push from one to another if selling.

It all depends on the price and options you want, I have found enom has a lot of options for free like forwarding emails to different email addresses if you use their nameservers while others only give you one catch all you can send stuff to. Pricing wise if you get a new account it will be around 8.95 I believe which may or may not suit you depending how many names you register or plan to register.

Floob

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
LeftRightOut said:
Correct

A lot of people have enom accounts as it's quick and easy to push from one to another if selling.

It all depends on the price and options you want, I have found enom has a lot of options for free like forwarding emails to different email addresses if you use their nameservers while others only give you one catch all you can send stuff to. Pricing wise if you get a new account it will be around 8.95 I believe which may or may not suit you depending how many names you register or plan to register.

Where does the $8.95 come from? It seems to be $30 for registering or transferring a .com ?

LeftRightOut

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Floob said:
Where does the $8.95 come from? It seems to be $30 for registering or transferring a .com ?

That would be the Super Happy Fun Time Decoder Ring Club Price (aka Resellers). Enom have normal people and reseller accounts, pick yourself up a reseller account. Just about everyone on the forum will offer you an 8.95 one since that is the lowest price new ones can be created.

The difference between a retail and reseller account are with a reseller account you need to fund at least $100 into it and lose 3% on processing fees, but you can create other resellers and fancy stuff like PDQs etc. It' can get as complex as you want it to be :-D or you can just use it to register your own names and leave it at that for $8.95 per name.

Reseller info can be found here for enom https://www.enom.com/resellers/default.asp
And reseller pricing here
https://www.enom.com/resellers/default.asp#resellerPricing

You can see that to get an 8.95 account direct through enom you'd need to put in around 55 names worth of credit ($495 upfront). Alternatively you can sign up as a sub account to someone else for nothing basically and get the same pricing.

PS. Anyone who offers you an 8.95 will take a cut for every name you register since they will have an old account with lower prices.
PPS. I can offer you an 8.95 account if you like :-D

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He's correct - the enom reseller account can only be set up by existing resellers, and it is probably the easiest/best way to manage a portfolio in this business. I can help you with that as well if you would like.

LeftRightOut

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MovieDomains said:
He's correct - the enom reseller account can only be set up by existing resellers, and it is probably the easiest/best way to manage a portfolio in this business. I can help you with that as well if you would like.

Well it can also be setup by depositing $495 directly with enom. You can use the deposit to register names with. Enom just take 3% off the top for processing fees.

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DomainSite.com (In general: .com, .biz, .us, .ws, $6.99 each)
GoDaddy.com (Currently; various TLDs there are $3.24 and $2.99)
RegisterFly.com (Bulk .info ($1.50), & sometimes for $5.50 tranfers)

Vivvy

Wild And Crazy Grrl
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
favorite... directnic... but i've got domains at half a dozen registrars... netsol (better known as satan), godaddy, directi, register.com, tucows, wwd...

Vivvy

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom