Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Which tld to grab when aiming for specific country

What cctld/gtld would you suggest

• Country specific cctld

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • .com or nothing

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • .info .biz

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • .somethingelse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anything they can get with their name in it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mik

Ok let's say a business in Australia wants to get a website to deal exclusively with the Australian market. Or a British business wants to service people in the United Kingdom. Or a Japanese company needs a website it will deploy in Japanese for the Japanese market etc. you get my drift. Basically if any business wanting to break into a specific geographic market online comes to you what would you tell them and why. This is not from a speculators or investors point of view aimed at ROI for themselves. I am looking for marketing oriented opinions that people would say to potential clients.

Personally i'd say go for the country specific tld, but what do I know.

M

mole

.info is very international friendly, Mik.:) I say go for that as a SE beacon for your other sites, whatever the extension.

.info = international information portal = search beacon

M

mole

aside ~~~~~

Don't worry about type-in value and all that crap. 90% of all traffic is generated through search engines and reciprocal links and blah blah. Targeted traffic is what everyone's after, not clueless traffic :)

M

Mik

mole with the question I was meaning a business wanting to conduct business online for those geographic markets. So .info should be out since it's not providing information, so i'll figure you put down .biz :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom