Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

White House petition: Do not end US control of the Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is very disturbing and troublesome. We have witnessed countless ineptitudes by ICANN. I can not fathom them having total autonomy (which they already seem to wield) from any and all law. Scary enough that I am number 3 on the signees.

Now, I must clear my head by going amongst the tallest living creatures on the planets...the redwoods of northern California.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the internet, as it were.... is in hands of the "internet service providers" now

just sit back and watch the concast monopoly grow

imo....

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it's case of damned if they do damned if they don't.
The US position has become untenable. But I am under no illusion that the system of Internet governance will be going from bad the worse.
The golden era of the free Internet is already a thing of the past, and the day of stable DNS are gone too.

But read the statement carefully. At this point they are giving nothing away really. They are basically saying to the world, come up with a proposal and we'll see.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seems like ICANN one day will be available on the open market to the highest bidder. Those bidders will be Baidu and Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom