Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Who bid like this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So, another guy and I ended tied with $30 on a not too good name at enom, but very good enough for me, even a business plan for it.

I left the time to pass and a day before, I entered $40.00, just to start the fun.
The bid stayed on $40, until one hour before the ending I went and entered $100.00, just for protection.
Then, 10 minutes before ending the other guy bidded $800.00 !!, after being quite all that time.
Then, I entered $810.00 and guess what, I won.
So, how could you be so interested to bid $800, and then lose the auction for only $10.00 ?
I don't understand.

ERCollins

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I want to know the domain, Not seen much on enom lately worth anything.

croupier

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Then, I entered $810.00 and guess what, I won.
So, how could you be so interested to bid $800, and then lose the auction for only $10.00 ?

Hmm, so if he bids again at $820 and you bid at $830 it's just another small bid to $840 etc etc etc - where would it end?

Obviously he put in his highest proxy bid and was beaten.

ERCollins

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just picked up 4698.com for one dollar over the other bidder, same thing. he bid $79, I bid $80. I do not see the point in losing over another few bucks, but hey I am glad he did not run it up.

gemsergio

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
everyone has a price which is the limit they wish to pay when would you have stopped? and if the guy would have bidded 10 usd more than your price limit? and so on

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok, well, I see the point.
There some other easier cases, for example, I remember when I was on the bid for "anuncio.com" (which is a lot less good than the plural "anuncios.com"), there were several bidders, so, in a moment, the domain was further than a thousand and I was not willing to pay more than, let's say $700.00, so, it was "easier" for me to quit the auction, since I was simply too high.

But, in this case, the guy waited 3 days to but, I remember now, to bid $680.00, than don't bother to see the end of the auction.

See the bid history again, now I have it exactly :
- Tie on $30.00
- I bid $40.00 a day before.
- I raise my proxy to $70.00 on the morning of the auction ending day.
- He outbids me at $80.00 15 minutes before the ending hour.
- I bid $100, $200, $400, $600, until I stop on $700.00 and I see I am the highest bidded at $690.00.
- The auction ends.

I just found this was not a normal case, it was too abrupt, putting a high proxy and then don't come back.

Now, I think, that may be, the guy thought, I would never raise my bids like that after those naive increments I did first. May be he thought I was done with such higher proxy and went out for lunch.

But what I think more, is that it sounded like a company's bid, I mean, someone like Buydomains, or similar, with an already well calculated maximum bid. I'm just guessing, though.

gemsergio

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree that the second scenario is probabbly the right one.

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
it happens on ebay thousands of times a day ... for a truely great domain you won't see any bids until the final 30 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom