Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Wanted: Service Who can register .com.au domains ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arpitgosai

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello friends,

I want to know that if any individual in Australia can register .com.au domains or it is only available to commercial entities ?

My brother is in Australia. I want him to register some domains on behalf of me. Is it possible to regsiter .com.au domains for individuals ?

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello friends,

I want to know that if any individual in Australia can register .com.au domains or it is only available to commercial entities ?

My brother is in Australia. I want him to register some domains on behalf of me. Is it possible to regsiter .com.au domains for individuals ?

You need to be a registered business in Australia ie. Have an ABN.

dotworx

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you are looking to register some generic .com.au with type-in traffic, give it up. It's all gone, mostly taken by one local company with close association to the name administration organization.

If you want register typo .com.au, don't bother. They'll be deleted within weeks.

.au namespace is a very controlled and bureaucratic environment. It's not worthwhile investing unless it's fully liberated.

Of cousre if you just want to develop a site, ask your brother to register an ABN and by any means go for it!

arpitgosai

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok, thanks dotworx for the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom