Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Who else got the SEDO email about the incorrect reporting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just curious how many were affected over the last week by this bug. Here's the email I got today from SEDO...

Dear valued Sedo member,

Due to a recent reporting error, some clients experienced an inconsistency in the Statistics Overview area of their account. Unfortunately, your account was one of those affected during the time period of 20th November to 29th November. Over these nine days, the script used to display the statistical overview was incorrect. It miscalculated the daily parking revenues of individual domains by repeatedly adding the daily revenue to the to-date revenue, instead of just adding it once. It then displayed the incorrect total in the Statistics Overview.

The script used to calculate, rather than to report the statistics was at all times correct.

Therefore, for the period of November 20th to November 29th, the overview section of your parking statistics displayed inflated and incorrect values. This error has now been rectified and the correct values are displayed in all the statistics displays.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

--

Your Sedo Team

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I reported inconsistencies to Sedo about a week ago and my account was affected, but I did not receive this email. I think it is embarrassing to see how severe bugs like this make it to a production environment. Accurate stats is what you need most when parking domains. Especially during the Parking-for-Presents action running in November Sedo must provide their clients with accurate stats.

xmax22

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sedo really needs to develop a new system to support that much names and users. Its all outdated.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I also reported it last week. And I got the email. It all appears well now.

simon johnson

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I didn't get the email - BUT the end of month $$$ is WAY down on previous months.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Thank you for funding Sedo's end of year gift-a-thon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom