Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Who is using my nameservers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHDOnline

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hope this isnt a stupid question. I have a domain name that I am trying to setup. used it several years ago with nameservers setup. I tried to changed the nameservers to point to my new server but godaddy keeps telling me that the domain name is link to name server and wont let me modify the entry.

Anyone have any idea on how to find out who is still linked to my nameserver?

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AHDOnline
I hope this isnt a stupid question.
me.

TrafficMonsterRRR

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If anyone is using your nameservers shouldnt they be bandits?!

The best way to find out who is using them (unless you are concerned YOURSELF are using them and forgot about it), is to reconfigure it and they will come out of the woodworks whining at no time....

Just my 2 cents.. if you own it, you should be able to do whathever with it.

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by devildude8989

me.

devildude8989 I'm not sure what your point is, but if you're trying to be funny, you're not. Please knock it off.

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sharpy
devildude8989 I'm not sure what your point is, but if you're trying to be funny, you're not. Please knock it off.
I agree. Let's encourage people to be professional domain traders.

If you are using his nameservers, stop. If not and you have no information, don't post.

AHDOnline

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree that if i own the name i should be able to do with it what i want, but when i go in and try to delete the nameservers from within GoDaddy i get an error that it cannot remove them because someone is currently using them..

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello , please pm you domain and i'm trying to help you with it...i had the same problem with one of my costumers trying to change to nameservers to mine for hosting......it to over a week ...it is godaddy who makes the problem..

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
update: case closed !!!

AHDOnline added his own nameservers this morning...

wolfis.com

AHDOnline

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I appreciate your help but what you walked me through was how to point my domain name to a name server. That is not my issue. What i have is the domain setup with its own nameservers, and need to change the IP but when i go into godaddy to do it i get an error :

The requested deletion for the following name server FAILED:

Error: (532) Domain names linked with name server;

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yesterday we added your 2 own names servers to this domain and you say that it you did not get an error...i have no idea what you are talking about now...your domain has your own nameservers on it now... just look at the whois info ....i just check it shows your nameservers ... however the first nameserver should ne ns1.blabla.somewhre and the second ns2.blabla.somewhere as far as i know.
then you have to see to get your new nameservers registered with godaddy...there should be a link that says something like setup your own nameserver or register your nameserver or set up your nameserver...just like enom...

AHDOnline

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Pointing the domain to its own nameservers is not a problem, setting up the nameservers for the domain is where i have a problem. If you are in godaddy under the domain name, under Domain Host Information, i have setup my old NS, & IP's. That is what i am having trouble with. It is currently setup for my old IP's and i need to change it to my new IP's but when i try to remove the old settings it gives me the error that someone else is currently using it and it cannot be removed

AHDOnline

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes it is unlocked. I have several hundred names, and make these changes often, but this seems to be the only one that I have ever had trouble with.

Manu

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you need to remove your namesevers and re add them to catch the new ips for the new nameservers - most registra's now don't ask for IP's simply for nameservers as their software should go and update it self against your IP's if they ever change. (in theory anyway :) )

AHDOnline

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i am trying to setup the nameservers on godaddy. i am not trying to point my domain to the nameservers, i am not trying to change the nameservers my domain name is pointing to. I am trying to change the ip address for ns.admin.com, and ns1.admin.com That is all i am trying to do, create new nameservers for that domain so when you want to point to my service you setup your domain name to ns.admin, and ns1.admin

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom