Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Who is using pop-unders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

domaister

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My namerive portfolio is getting monthly views in xxx.xxx range so I'm wondering about popunders... i hate them but i would enjoy an extra $xxx monthly. I'd like to know more from who has activated them... let us know!

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use popunders on namedrive but the CPM is $1+ per 1000 compared to the industry standard of $3

saying that the pop ups dont appear to work all the time.

So you would need a whole load of PURE landing page traffic in order to generate something worth while.

my advice to name drive is to dump Casalemedia and team up with ValueClick or TribalFusion

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mine says $0.60

Paul_Kuhn

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

my RPM is $1.94 at the moment.

Ahoi!

Paul_Kuhn

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

mine went down from $1.94 to $1.88 today

Ahoi!

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
my RPM has been US$ 3.2 - 3.35 during the last days. I'm impressed (once again)

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi there people,

Much like how we reflect the real Google revenue, we reflect the popunder revenue which Casale reports to us. It does seem that they do also have region-specific rates. I have predominantly European traffic and currently around 1.80$ RPM, but some people have reported up to 3. The RPM has certainly improved on most accounts since we started with at 1.10-1.20, but we don't say we pay at a blanket X amount as we're not paid by Casale at a blanket rate.
We are certainly continuing to look at interesting new things. But PPC is where we really focus our efforts, so we don't want popunder rev to be a major factor for comparison.

And yes, evibe's site looks great :)

Ed

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am still a little leary about using the pop-unders, has anyone noticed a decrease in traffic since you started using them? I know that most type-in traffic to parked pages does not turn into repeat traffic, but I am still a bit concerned about losing traffic...

Mr. Pim

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How do the popunders affect the ctr?

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
elivate,

I tested pop-unders on my high traffic domain and noticed decrease in CTR, however it does not mean it is generally like that. As for decrease in traffic, it depends on the traffic domain gets, if it is typo traffic, I doubt there will be decrease.

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
maxo said:
elivate,

I tested pop-unders on my high traffic domain and noticed decrease in CTR, however it does not mean it is generally like that. As for decrease in traffic, it depends on the traffic domain gets, if it is typo traffic, I doubt there will be decrease.
Thanks, I think I will try it for a month and see what happens, I will use popunders for July, and compare to June and see what I get...

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
my 35K pageviews which namedrive counted last month, generated 5.5K popunders.

I enabled popunders for all domains, even my most valuable high-ctr cashcows. My reasoning was that those whose browsers allow casale popunders are probably less proficient internet users, and less likely to be deterred from clicking by popunders. Anyway I assumed this percentage would be small.

Now, there seems to be some data supporting my assumptions: my most valuable, high rpm domains, which I think are domains that attract reasonably interesting leads or prospects for the advertisers, appear to have fewer popups than my run-of-the-mill domains. These Domains in my case seem to be those with more traffic. I assume the traffic here more heterogeneous and less targeted, more like the target group for tabloids, rather than higher-end financial services. Tabloids are popular, and a lot of people buy tabloids. a lot of people probably don't mind tabloid advertising, and may even expect this kind of advertising in some sites.

I'll continue to use popunders in July.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Morning everyone,

I'm afraid we have had to temporarily disable the popunders as it turned out that Casale popunders had a bug with the IE discussion bar which caused a lot of problems for certain websites. Casale are dragging their feet about finding a solution, so we're looking into a new popunder provider as soon as possible.
It would seem that Namestrands was right, as usual, about looking for a new solution...

Ed

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namestrands said:
I use popunders on namedrive but the CPM is $1+ per 1000 compared to the industry standard of $3

saying that the pop ups dont appear to work all the time.

So you would need a whole load of PURE landing page traffic in order to generate something worth while.

my advice to name drive is to dump Casalemedia and team up with ValueClick or TribalFusion

Does ValueClick have PopUnders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom