Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Who will buy names on Sedo.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guiwang

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I wonder who will buy name on Sedo.com????
Domain seller?Or end user?
It seems the price on sedo is higher than on forum.
Who can tell me some info about the buyer's class on sedo.com?

Thanks
Bean

rawkinrich

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I always wondered that too :) If a company wants a domain, surely they could take other methods, whois etc - and not pay the 'end user' (kind of) fee that can be sometimes quite high on Sedo-

Rich

batface

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
rawkinrich said:
I always wondered that too :) If a company wants a domain, surely they could take other methods, whois etc - and not pay the 'end user' (kind of) fee that can be sometimes quite high on Sedo-

Rich

From my point of view I am still a novice and if someone emailed me direct with a reasonable bid and didn't want to go through Sedo or similar i'd run a mile. After all it's me paying the $50 costs.

Until I learn/earn more I don't want the risks. I'm a little wary of PayPal after one or two things i've read too.

rawkinrich

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
batface said:
From my point of view I am still a novice and if someone emailed me direct with a reasonable bid and didn't want to go through Sedo or similar i'd run a mile. After all it's me paying the $50 costs.

Until I learn/earn more I don't want the risks. I'm a little wary of PayPal after one or two things i've read too.

If someone do's contact you, www.escrow.com can help. I like Sedo a lot, professional website and services, so if someone wanted to buy a domain from me via Sedo, I have no problems paying the fee.

worldengine

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I park the domains with Sedo that I list with Sedo. I think that some of my sales may have come from people who were interested in the name, typed it in their browser, and then saw the "Buy this Domain" button in on the side.

Besides this, I have found what I believe to have been some bargains on Sedo, especially in the new TLDs. So maybe some resellers are buying, too. Buying through Sedo keeps the buyer anonymous to the seller, which might be a plus in some situations.

So I guess a mixture of end users and motivated resellers.

funkker

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i monitoring recent sales on sedo it looks like they not selling too much domains ...

funkker

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
as well dunno how to exactly transfer a domain when the offer is negotiated successfully ?? all my domains are under same username and pass in my registrar .... I ask them what to do if i want transfer domain and they start telling me something about complicated process ... etc...

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not eveyone looking for a domain name knows what 'whois' means. I think that domain investors and end-users alike check out Sedo and buy. As of about a week ago thay had ~42,000 .COM domains parked on their servers. Of course, their inventory is much larger than that with re-directs and just plain listings.

bkerensa

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
just listed jogs.us and devoted.us on sedo hopefully will sell

guiwang

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am not sure but their main income stream would be parking domains rather then selling them...

NW
Yes,I got a little money from sedo.Never sold a name at there,got some low offer.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
rawkinrich said:

Rich
lilian said:
I am wondering too.
Why not the end user try WHOIS and contact directly.
The truth is end-users, esp. corporate buyers are usually more comfortable dealing with an established middle man like GreatDomains or Sedo than an some total strangers out there *hiding in the dark*, and some whois info (even with a valid e-mail) does not encourage people for contact.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've sold 2 names at Sedo and was happy with the process. SEDO acually executes the transfer for you, which is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom