Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Who would a mother/father choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infoproliferati

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If it was a matter of life or death and she could only pick one, would a woman choose to save her son or his father (assuming she loves both)?

Who would a father pick given the same scenario (the son or his mother, again assuming he loves them)?

Now substitute the son for a daughter. Who will the parents choose?

Explain why the mother or father will make the choice you believe they would. The purpose of the questioning is to determine rational and emotional decision making.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Purpose of this post? Are you a 16 year old on a domain forum looking for answers on an ethical sociology-psychological homework assignment?

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
At that point our natural instinct would be to yell "Run"

Nobody is saving anybody, they are on their own.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Assuming they love both, the Mother and Father would save each other before saving the child... Although losing your child would be devastating, you can always make another child with the partner you love.

The question is nonsense and thus why nobody is participating.

It's nonsense because you don't understand the reasoning behind it... Try opening your mind.

Infoproliferati

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Actually, the questions are straight forward. I think no one wants to take the time (or has the time?) to defend their answer. That's understandable.

The questioning isn't to determine who is more important but WHY one person is chosen instead of the other. The prime assumption made so as to diminish the relevance of any variables is that all parties are loved equally.

And thanks for responding Raider. You've presented a new scenario no one has mentioned before. (I've got close to twenty responses from other avenues).

Vincent

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
People either don't care or are afraid to think of it.
You put people on the spot.

Good questions. I don't know the answer, though.

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This sounds like the plot of the novel/movie Sophie's Choice, except in this story I think the choice was between two children. Pretty horrible, anyway. :(

Fabbstar

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hand reg'd WhiteGoods.org. That is all.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As a father of four, I would choose the child. My reason being that I am responsible for the child, not my wife.

I would expect my wife to say the same thing BTW.

Vjizzle

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with jasdon11. I have a daughter and I would save my daughter before my wife AND I would want her to do the same. Any parent who loves their child would do the same. If you aren't a parent, then you wouldn't understand.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sometimes the love emotion is not as strong as the self-preservation instinct, in which case in both scenarios, only one survives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom