Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

whois protection service...any good

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
whois protec

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well the registrar won't take the fall for you.

The whois privacy is more to stop spam mail for the domain email that to protect from a UDRP.

-=DCG=-

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
Well the registrar won't take the fall for you.

The whois privacy is more to stop spam mail for the domain email that to protect from a UDRP.

-=DCG=-

well thats what i thought
thanks.

But about damages, as far I understand if I am far away from US laws, then they can sue me in US, and even win there, but they will not get any money from me?

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not giving legal advice as I am not an attorney, but by way of general info, if a person/company in the US sues you and wins, they might be able to domesticate the foreign judgment in your country and seize assets you own, if your country laws allow. Of course there is a considerable expense involved and the person or company would have to pay that, and if they were successful in their efforts, you would ultimately end up paying for.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To sum up it's difficult to enforce a judgement in a foreign country.
Whois Privacy is not the same as anonymous registration. It's just an arrangement whereby the registrar knows the identity of the registrant but agrees to conceal the info in the whois (often for a fee).

It is likely that the worst that can happen to you is to lose the domain in UDRP. But it could the most serious loss in itself.
You might choose to ignore the UDRP request (if you are served with one) and stay hidden but if the complainant has a strong case and you do not defend yourself the name could be taken away from you.
Remember the complaining has to establish 3 facts, among which the fact that the domain was registered in bad faith. This might be the critical point of balance in a dispute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom