Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

whois question

Status
Not open for further replies.

zuba

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
can someone look up all the domains registered by one person with just their name?

hellstrom

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by zuba
can someone look up all the domains registered by one person with just their name?
No.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The answer is actually YES. But you'll have to be able to parse the zone files. But then it's not my area of expertise, I must admit.

hellstrom

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nameslave
The answer is actually YES. But you'll have to be able to parse the zone files. But then it's not my area of expertise, I must admit.
2) What is Whois?
The Whois database maintained by VeriSign Global Registry Services is an authoritative directory for all domain names registered in the .com and .net TLDs. For each registered domain name, the Whois database includes the following information: domain name, registrar of record, the registrar's Whois server, referral URL, last updated date, and name server information.

3) How are the TLD Zone Files different than the Whois file?
The TLD Zone Files contain only a list of domain name registrations and the IP numbers associated with name servers supporting the domain names. VeriSign Global Registry Services' Whois file serves as a directory to determine which registrar is responsible for specific domain name registrations, and it is also an administrative file that contains information in addition to the information contained in the TLD Zone File (as described in #2 above).

http://verisign-grs.com/tld/tldFaq.html

nomad

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Also keep in mind that there are quite a few names that don't have nameservers on them - including many purchased by speculators who are looking to remain anonymous to the extent possible - and these names won't show up in the zone even if you are able to parse it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom