Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Whois question....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zion

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So, I am using whois.sc/domain

And, I see a domain I am looking for -

Expired in MARCH

REDEMPTIONPERIOD: The registry sets this status when a registrar requests that the domain name be deleted from the registry and the domain has been registered for more than 5 calendar days (if the delete request is received within 5 days of initial domain registration it will instead be deleted immediately). The domain will not be included in the zone. The domain can not be modified or purged; it can only be restored. Any other registrar requests to modify or otherwise update the domain will be rejected. The domain will be held in this status for a maximum of 30 calendar days.

So, the domain is with : MONIKER ONLINE SERVICES, INC.?

Uh, yeah, 30 days is up? yet it has not dropped? what's up?

Pleski

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've seen entries similar to this before. Anyone have an explanation?

guiwang

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Because the status of this domain is not reach of 30 days for 'REDEMPTIONPERIOD'

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Zion, can you give the exact dates?

i.e. what was renewal (expiry) date.

What was the last updated date?

Don't forget that after the 30 days during which it is in RGP, there are a further 6 days before it drops.

Reaction score
Here is how this works folks:

Once a name expires, a registrar can send the domain to Redemption at anytime after expiration. Each registrar varies on its post expiration allotment. We currently allow 30 days to give our customers every chance to renew the domain. A registrar pays for all domain renewals the day a domain expires so our registry accounts are deducted which means we are at risk for 30 days. We must either be paid by our customer or delete within 45 days or we are stuck with the domain...having paid for it with renewal expectations.

It then goes to redemption for another 30 days and then to pending delete for 5 days if not pulled out of redemption. Then it is released to the public.

A helpful hint on calculating the release date is to look at the update date on the registry look up and calculate 35 days from that update date if in redemption or 5 days from the update date once in pending delete status.

Hope that helps.

Zion

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dotNetKing said:
Zion, can you give the exact dates?

i.e. what was renewal (expiry) date.

What was the last updated date?

Don't forget that after the 30 days during which it is in RGP, there are a further 6 days before it drops.

March 17th.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Zion, is that renewal (expiry) date, or last update date.

The important one is the last update date, as MonikerMan says (giving the expiry-renewal date as well helps us make sure that you have got the right update date).

Zion

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Expires: March 17th.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK. What is the update or last updated date? As I said, this is the important one for calculating when it will drop.

If expiry is 17th March, it is quite possible that the last update date will be around 17th April. If this was the right amount for the registar in question, add 35/36 days to this and it would drop round about 23rd to 24th May, ie not yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom