Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

WHOIS.SC very NICE service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrei73

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The guys seams just analyzing the query logs and registering the best ones. I listen it before but didn’t believe it till it happens to me :(

A whole 3 days work goes to toilet. The worst thing I have silver membersgip there, actually not any more and never gonna use them again.

Maybe the whole service was established for that propose?
Why they giving the monitoring list for free without any guaranty u reg the domain with them?

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can you elaborate on what happened, sounds interesting?

-=DCG=-

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think what's being said is that if you check if a domain is free using any whois and it is and you don't get it pretty sharpish, others take it. This practice has been going on for a while now - it's called competition. It has nothing to do with whois.sc or any other whois service. The technology to monitor domain queries has been around for a while now.
You snooze, you lose.

Andrei73

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am not a first who notice that after researching for domains with good overture rating the next day finding them registered at kenyatech.com

This can not bee just accident cause the domains I was researching is in 3 different thematic and from big list registered only the top one I have fond. Registered on next 2 days.

Then I have ask myself why guys giving the monitoring service for free? They just using my ides to find the conjuncture in the area they don’t know. So we all togever giving them ides for the best domain to reg.
Very clever idea a?

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The suggestion tools you see at enom, godaddy, etc. are also fed from this data they collect.
So everyone else that searches similar terms will be shown domains based on what you searched. Name Intelligence - makes more sense now, huh?
Then again, there is a chance that they are researching the same data you are - the same way you find topics, they find topics, and often there is a major overlap. You just need to act fast and not sleep on your decision when you find a potential winner.

Gee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
how many domains are you monitoring there ?

of course they don't give it for free

they either sell the lists or register the best ones themselves ( they are monitoring your monitored names ) be careful !

i have noticed that 2 times when i entered a list of 50 available names and 1 day later 50 % of them disappeared on the same time however they are not related to each other and no can think of registering them together unless he gets my exact list !

still cann't quit using them:)

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
gotasale - did you actually take the time to see who got that 50%?
did they all get taken by the same entity? was it them?

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
None of this is making sense. Are you saying you were watching names at whois.sc and then whois.sc registered the names?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
If Kenyatech registered them, they are crap names :-D

Andrei73

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR
If Kenyatech registered them, they are crap names

They are … but the convert should be not bad. I wasn’t sure so took some and had a watch … the day I came back to take the rest it was too late…
Thanks for tip about kenyatech ;-)

Gotasale
i have noticed that 2 times when i entered a list of 50 available names and 1 day later 50 % of them disappeared on the same time however they are not related to each other and no can think of registering them together unless he gets my exact list !

That’s what I am notice! My themes was at 3 different zones of imagination with no relationship at all and the next day they a registered at one person / organization. It looks like somebody read my mind.

Actually the NAME INTELIGENT at the top of pyramid …

anybody knows if the web.com is nameinteligence company ?

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
If Kenyatech registered them, they are crap names :-D

Agreed. They seem to be new to the game and are registering anything that moves and quite alot of stuff that doesn't :)

Gee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
as i remember mine was registered by nameview

don't know if whois.sc owns nameview or not

they deleted some of them later .... may be they tested them for traffic

Andrei73

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
is this posible to have your own monitoring list with no dependence of any whois?

M

mole

Ed30 said:
anything that moves and quite alot of stuff that doesn't :)

LOL

This game is getting infested with wannabes with more money than brains.

Andrei73

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
b-u-a-a-a-a-a-a!!! :)
The story developing… I even not telling you that another domain package I have check there was registered next days too, I will tell more interesting story.
A month ago I have purchased here a domain **pimp.com which is nothing special and cost reg fee but I like it how it sound. Shure I check the domain history through that service and see how many tld are registered and so on... Today I was curios about how this registrar shows whois and just go there to check. Meanwhile I have notice the bundle of ****pimp*** domains for sell from 200-1000 dollars.
I took first one for sale propimp and look at whois:

PROPIMP.COM
Created: 2005-06-06
Expires: 2006-06-06
Registrant:
Unasi Inc. (PROPIMP-COM-DOM)
Galerias Alvear 3
Zona 5, Panama 5235
Panama
+1.3094067818
+1.3094067818

The registration date are very precise :)

In addition they stilling intellectual work and they actually brake ICAAN regulation with that fake whois entries cause I am a 100% sure the have not register the new company “Unasi Inc. (PROPIMP-COM-DOM)” just for that shity name.

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you get what you pay for.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unasi has been around...
That's not fake whois.
Unasi Inc. is the registrant. PROPIMP-COM-DOM is automatically appended, typical procedure. Unasi has even been in some arbitration. Time for a factcheck before you allege wrongdoing with ICANN.

Andrei73

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Unasi = nameintelegent ?

Jeffreyw

Football Club owner
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sometimes the names i search at Whois.sc appears available, but actually they are already registered when i checked it at another whois site.

ezimedia

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You either have two choices...

1) Setup your own website that will monitor the domain names you find and when they become available register them quick smart..
Only problem to setup a system like Whois.sc is not cheap

2) Do not cry about the domain names you have missed out on if you find a domain name that is available and you have it listed to be monitored and you did not register it
then only you are to blame for not registering it.

I have even found with desktop software domains I have found and put in to my to future reg list are
beging grabbed by the same company..... Strange well you decide...

Like they say you snooze you loose...

Thanks
Tom Dahne

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom