Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Whois Seekers and the Fake Buyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know that this has been talked about before. But it has happened several times to me, again today.

This is the normal e-mail. Hi was searching for this domain name it would suit my buisness perfectly. I was wondering if you are willing to sell it to me. I would really like to know the value of it so please answer with an appriasal.

First of all this it to the idiots that are sending me these e-mails. Some of these undesirables may be lurking here looking for suckers.

If my name suits your buisness perfectly then why would you want to know what the value is, it's worth how much you are willing to pay and how bad you want it. Second appriasials take time and money. Of which I only get burned when you back out. Or don't return my e-mails.

Just a rant. I would like to know from other memebers here how often this happens to them. Getting these types of e-mails that is. Is it a daily thing or weekly or monthly....I usually get one once a week.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
These spammers force many to use whois guards which is not a good thing if selling domains (parked on sedo) etc.

Most spammers, just use programs which spider all domains on sedo / afternic, Then extract the whois email. You should take their ip and report it. Ban their ip / email from your server (if you have the control in your control panel / ssh :) )

I really hope sometime sedo etc. will take proper action against some of them!

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well I do ban them from my mail account of course, but they always get another name. And the ip is difficult because it's usually from some free email service like hotmail or gmail. And when I do an ip search I only get hotmails info and ip. But thanks for the reply.

I report them to hotmail and gmail but I get the usually response, we are not mediators in disputes or claims of this nature.

I would really love to find out who these bastards are.

Nexmax

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I want my whois info, for real buyers. Ideally the end user doesnt even know whois. All most of the software seems to do is stop real sales. I dont see a way to stop spam or bogus claims. I wont buy appriasals either, as all domains are one of a kind and the buyer and seller are only two it matters. opinions vary too much on domains. think these type emails are just something we will have to live with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom