Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Who's ready for football season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's almost here, just a couple weeks away! I'm a hardcore football fan, especially NFL. My favorite NFL team is the New Orleans Saints. I like college, LSU Tigers in particular. Anyone else itching to get the season underway?

Geaux Tigers and Saints!

M

MattyP

Our football season is drawing to a close.

I personally can't wait for our Cricket season to start.

Matt

That's great. Do you watch American Football at all? I don't know much about cricket, although I played it a little bit as a young kid, I have forgotten virtually everything about it.

M

MattyP

We get a live game each week of American Football on Pay TV.

I prefer to watch the edited version they have on a day or so later. I find the live version takes too long. The edited version shows all the game time but deletes the incidentals, just shows actual play time.

England are coming to Australia this season for 5 Tests (matches)

While I said I don't like watching American Football live because it takes too long each cricket test takes 5 days, 6 hours a day, to complete. I am not sure how to explain why I find a few hours of American Football boring after awhile but can watch 30 hours of cricket.

What you are brought up with I guess. Australia first played England in 1877, I think, so a long history has been established between the two nations with each of us refering of the other as the " The Old Enemy ".

Matt

That's great! lol, "The Old Enemy", has medieval connotations, hehe. I had to laugh when you said that you find a few hours of American Football boring, while watching 30 hours of cricket. But I can understand that. It does have something to do with what you are brought up on, kind of like if you were raised watching football instead of baseball and find baseball boring or vice versa. You're right, I believe. I think that's great about the old rivalry btw Australia and England, that must be something to wait for and finally watch!

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Iam not so much looking forward to football, but I am really looking forward to ice hockey season.

Go Penguins!

abrams1117

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Can you name all 30 NFL teams?
Theres the Miami Dolphins and, ummmmm, 29 other teams!
BTW Whats cricket?

-J

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Biege Cardigan and Felt Slippers with Zippers up the front ...

I can just imagine mattyp watching the cricket on TV ...

:D

M

MattyP

My cricket watching kit includes plenty of cold beer for the duration of a match. :D :D

Abrams try www.cricketnext.com for an insight to cricket. It is an Indian site backed by Australias richest man Kerry Packer.

The International Cricket Council just announced a US $550,000,000 sponsorship deal for the next 5 years.

The game is a second religion in places like India and has been played in Australia since around 1800.

I just noticed Cricket.com had nearly 10,000 searches in overture last month.

Interestingly enough it is a ppc search engine site.

Matt

Momentum

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Go Florida State Seminoles!! (My alma mater)

Go Jacksonville Jaguars!! (Where I live)

Yep, looking forward to an excellent year of college football this year. Our sophomore quarterback got a good year of experience as a starter and looks to have a big year this year. I think we may finish in the top 5 again after missing it last year for the first time in 15 years. God bless Bobby Bowden.

Pro football is another story. The jags will do good just to win half of their games. They lost all kinds of good players due to salary cap issues. I still enjoy the NFL but their is nothing like the rivalry and tradition of college football. Plus the games mean more in college. I mean if you lose more than one game in college throughout the season then you championship hopes are over. In the NFL the real season doesn't start until the playoffs begin and then it gets very intense and makes for better games.

Hey, I agree about college football. I like to watch the rivalries and the intensity and honest play. They aren't getting paid enormous salaries and griping about not getting paid enough. However, I love the NFL and I am addicted to both!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom