Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Why 4% additional using paypal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Like if you were getting free CC processing with the other options ... geez!

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You do NOT get free CC processing one way or the other.
Creditcard Solutions providers charge 1.5% to 2.75%+ with about 15 cents to process each transaction and that's just for merchants. No one will process CC for you for free.

That's what I am saying ! :rolleyes:

Why they (Moniker) charge me if I use paypal ? Are the other options free for them so they have to make it up ? No, they aren't. I know they are not.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
eNom charges 3% to refill accounts via Paypal. It's free via check.

AlienGG

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Why they (Moniker) charge me if I use paypal ? Are the other options free for them so they have to make it up ? No, they aren't. I know they are not.

They may run on tight profit margin.
They get much better rate by using direct cc processing gateway than PayPal.

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Why they (Moniker) charge me if I use paypal ?

Because they are using a merchant account that incurs a fee with every transaction.
Its only personal accounts that do not charge a fee for (non credit card) transactions.

TSD

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Where is this fee specified on their site, I can't find it? Also does this apply to eCheck payments through PayPal or only credit card type payments through PayPal?

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In the checkout screen, when you chose the payment method.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Where is this fee specified on their site, I can't find it? Also does this apply to eCheck payments through PayPal or only credit card type payments through PayPal?
ALL paypal transactions. Even when funded with PayPal cash balance.

TSD

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In the checkout screen, when you chose the payment method.

Ok, I always use my prefunded balance so I guess I never noticed that. So do you know if it matters if you use a credit card or eCheck at PayPal? It is hard to beleive the 4% it is for eChecks as PayPal caps that charge to Moniker at $5.

ALL paypal transactions. Even when funded with PayPal cash balance.

You sure about that? Does not make sense since PayPal caps eCheck payment fees at $5

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You sure about that? Does not make sense since PayPal caps eCheck payment fees at $5
Absolutely, positively...all forms of PayPal ACCEPTED (eCheck? doubtful accepted) by moniker are charged a 4% fee.

PayPal can cap what ever they want to on their own services.

PayPal doesn't charge you a fee to use a credit card to fund a purchase. But some merchants do.

PayPal doesn't charge you a fee to use a cash balance or your checking account to fund a purchase. But some merchants do.

PayPal will charge a merchant a minimum of 1.9% and service fees for merchants to accept PayPal.

Is it against PayPal's TOS for the merchant to add on fees and around and charge the customer these fees to recoup your (the merchant's fees)? Plain and simple...yes, it is against PayPal's TOS.

Is it enforced by PayPal? No.

Do I like it? No. I can take my business elsewhere.

Or I can suck it up and come to the realization (which I have) that Monikers pricing is so damn low for regs and transfers that most other registrars can not touch it. Even being a GoDaddy reseller, I can not even give myself a price break on .net, .org, .biz, .us, and more through their system. Add to this YoDaddy wants to charge a 25 cent (now 22 cents...YIPPEE) ICANN't transaction fee for each registration and renewal. 22 cents is over 4 of the registration fee and a tad over 3% renewal fee of a .com at GoDaddy or my reseller account.

Still, I come out ahead at Moniker with lower pricing to begin with. Plus, I am no longer a fan of YoDaddy.

TSD

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Selecting eCheck as a funding source in PayPal is accepted, at least it was when I opened my account years ago. I just don't remember nor can I figure out what if any fee was deducted from my Moniker account. I don't see why Moniker would not still allow it.

SharonTucci

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was a bit baffled when I saw the 4% fee myself. Not that I use Paypal at Moniker, but I couldn't understand it. If someone pays via cc option at Moniker and uses Amex, I'd suspect Moniker is paying a higher fee than PP charges. I know on my business account with Paypal that does high volume, I pay a lower fee than I do with authorize.net gateway + my own merchant account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom