Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Why are they takin all the good names????

Status
Not open for further replies.

kray

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Why are company's like namewinner takin all the good domain names? I hate that because they grabbin' all the good domain names at once before indiviual people get a chance to buy them. My point is that somebody might come pass a good domain name thats about to expire - then they wait until it's available so they can purchase it and then find out that a company like namewinner grabbed it right along with 50 other domain names.

So my question is "What is the odds of a person gettin' a domain the second it expire before namewinner or any other domain reseller company get's it"?

Do companys like Name Winner normally preorder all the good domains or do they have to try to get it as fast as they can like the indiviual have to?

I'm askin this because i'm waitin for a domain to expire and i'll be pissed if a company like "Name Winner" automically get's it the second it expires. :confused:

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Namewineer is a drop service..you hire them (pay them ) to try a get domains that are dropping...

You bid on on names that are about to drop, it dosent gaurentee you will get the name because there are other drop services and individuals also trying to get the name...BUT if you are high bidder and namewinner gets the name..then it is yours...for the amount you bidded.

They are owned by Dotster.

kray

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks alot for the fast reply "bidawinner", but what are the odds of the individuals gettin' the domain name before companys like "Name Winner"? How do companys like namewinner manage to try to get the domain names so fast?

M

mole

Common sense :D. If I was getting $5,000 to grab a name rather than a $39 snap, I would be gunning all my RRP resources at that name rather than looping a couple of thousand names.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How does a carpenter build a house? How does a chef prepare a great meal? How does a doctor fix a broken bone?

They have the right tools for the job, and the resources to use them effectively.

The good news is that if you want a domain badly enough, you can "hire" NameWinner and SnapNames to use their tools on your behalf. Go set up accounts with them and try to get your bids in. If you are lucky, there isn't any competition for them, but of course the odds go down the better the domain.

In the last week or so I got AuctionConsultants.com (NameWinner, $8.75) and MovieDollars.com (SnapNames, $43)

If you are not willing to spend that, then you are not serious and are wasting your time here.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by kray
--what are the odds of the individuals gettin' the domain name before companys like "Name Winner"?
Hi, kray

If you are waiting for a name to drop so that you can register it... IF there is a NameWinner bid on that name, you're chances are very very close to ABSOLUTE ZERO. Very rarely do these companies "drop the ball". If someone is bidding on a name, and it is a GOOD name, chances are OTHER services are going to contend towards getting that name as well. *Someone* will get the name. If only NameWinner has a bid, there have been rare reports that names that had bids somehow "dropped", and sat unregistered and available for days before the bidding party noticed that NW did not "catch" it. This is an extremely RARE case, so nothing to depend on.

Best you check that the name doesn't already have a SnapBack (at SnapNames.com) and sign-up for NameWinner, and "monitor" the name to insure it does not have a BID. Only then can you feel somewhat comfortable that you "have a chance", but this does not rule out other drop services (like DropWizard.com) or... all the people using their own drop software/scripts to monitor and "catch" names.

~ Nexus

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom