Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Why do I get a "pending auction" notice from NJ if they didn't catch that name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Area52

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The last backordered pending delete this happened on had 18 bidders and was scheduled to drop yesterday. I get a "pending auction" notice in my backorder section, thinking I'm in an auction for that name. The next day the name is in wishlist status and no explanation of what happened to the auction.

The name ends up newly registered at a no-name registrar in India where you get php script errors when searching their whois database for contact details. Never was successful at that. Fine, they can't catch the name, then why show me a bogus auction notification. Same thing happened months ago, so NJ knows about it.

Last edited:

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes siree ,seems that if the domain is popular it does not now go to auction, instead I bet if you visit the domain in a few days it will be up for sale for circa $500. I believe Namejet now only let the ones they dont want go to auction, rest they hive off to connected party. That is only my opinion from what I have seen recently with them. Since they dont seem to contest this opinion I assume it is correct.

DG

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom