Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Why do I keep getting Sedo offers for domains I no longer own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkx

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I find it very very weird that most of the offers I receive via Sedo to buy a domain are for various domains that I let expire or sold off. They arn't even good domains really. Many of the offers are willing to pay more than the domain is actually worth too. Any ideas? Could it be some kind of scam for me to contact the new owner and pay more than market value so the bidder can back out and i'd be stuck with the overpriced domain?

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did you remove them from your sedo acct after expiration or selling them?

9MM

Canadian Emcee
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

mkx

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No I didn't remove them

mkx

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree there lies the problem but not the reason. Everytime I get a sedo offer now I assume its for a domain I don't own anymore which is 10% of my domains with no significant value.

H

H2FC

Do you respond to those Sedo offers or do you just keep silent and let them expire?

I'm guessing that Sedo would continue to request a responce from you....right?

Also, does Sedo ever try to get you to pay their 10% sales fee for finding a buyer for you?

thanks for the info....

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it wouldn't hurt to at least respond by saying "Sorry this Sedo listed domain is no longer owned my me. I will forward your request to the new owner."

Yofie

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree there lies the problem but not the reason. Everytime I get a sedo offer now I assume its for a domain I don't own anymore which is 10% of my domains with no significant value.
If you no longer own the domains, they should not be "offered for sale" in YOUR account, because you do not own them. My guess, it's probally the NEW owner, trying to figure out why his or her domain is listed with Sedo.

This is also part Sedo's problem/fault, and just shows how bad their verification and continued verification is. It seems they think that because a domain is listed by one owner today, that tomorrow it is still owned by the same person. Sedo claims to have 9 Million domains listed with them, but I think it's closer to about 3 Million when you remove all the domains people do not own any more. Keep in mind some 50K domains drop each day ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom