Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Why Do People Sell Names for <$50 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffpugh

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Just a question:

Why would anyone go to the trouble of selling a name for less than $50? :confused:

I had rather let a name expire than go through the hassle of selling a name for $20 or $30 - like some people on this forum.

Can anyone help me understand this?

[I know... I know... volume selling :D ]

X

xbroker

Check this out, man , If I let them expire cahunas like ULT, dinoya, nill and a few others will snap RRP and pick it up. Now,
there was once a time in my life when ppl helped me out, so I'd rather have some beginners (no offense) on this board get them (some truly high pop names) than the "monopoly".
OK thats the short answer, for the long answer practice your "google abilities" on the philosophical meaning of "Open Source" subject, you will find out, and more over it will only make you stronger.

complaints > /dev/null

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you buy a domain for $8, and sell it for $32, thats a 300% profit. What other market has results like these.

If you can't get the 4k you wanted...you can still turn a nice profit. :)

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jeffpugh
Just a question:

Why would anyone go to the trouble of selling a name for less than $50? :confused:

Why would anyone post questions in the FOR SALE forum? This belongs in the Lounge or Misc. Forum.

I had rather let a name expire than go through the hassle of selling a name for $20 or $30 - like some people on this forum.

You would rather let a name expire than go to the "trouble" of clicking a button?? That's odd.

Transferring a name to another person at most registrars these days takes less time than responding to this post - much less moving it to the correct forum which I have to do next. :rolleyes:

The other part of the answer is - if you have some name(s) you know you are not going to use or do anything with - why not get back your registration fee rather that just let it expire and lose everthing.

To let a name just expire - or sit gathering dust - when you know you are probably never going to develop or sell it - is just crazy. Get back your reg fees - and give somebody else a shot at doing something with it.

Hope this helps. Moving to the lounge now. :)

yesonline

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think I could understand why Jeffpugh said so, because there are still many domains were not registered through enom.com or godaddy.com that most popular recent days, many of them could be registered with register.com or networksolutions.com which would drive you crazy to have a transfer process. I still have many domains with register.com and if I try to transfer them to the third party, it is a real hassle to do the paper works. That is
why if the transaction amounts under some low level, it is really
not worth to do so.
Is that what you mean to say, Jeffpugh?:D

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I only bother to squeeze a few $ out of names if I know it's a zero-pain transaction i.e. they're with a registrar at which I can move names to their own management account freely and quickly, and hand over the username/password to somebody else.

Fortunately about 75% of my names (and rising) are now set up like that :)

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just a question:

Can anyone help me understand this?

Who's Getting $20-$30!!! I didn't think they were going for more than $10-$15 or a pile of DN Bux play money!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom