Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Why do we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steven22

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As domainers do business with companies that use our parking revenue profit to bid against us at places such as snapnames, Namejet, and even domain show auctions.

We line the pockets of these companies so they can comptete against us bidding on names. It's bad enough some can keep the names and just auction them off.

However, we control the names and the traffic...why doesn't the community on a whole quit being penny wise and dollar follish and actually do somethng to stop this.

Can someone please tell me why we all allow this?

Is this industry filled with people who just got lucky and made some money because they owned some names or are we smart business people?

Smart business people would not allow thier distributor/ supplier to shit all over them.

cleverlyslick

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You're right.when I was starting to read about this industry (3 yrs ago) all I heard was "how people are making a killing parking domains"which is what motivated me to getting into this.but as I starting getting names and "parking them" I saw absolutely no revenue to maybe a few pennies.maybe i'm doing something wrong as far as parking goes.but I say f*ck parking now.I want to make websites and see if I can come up with something big like facebook.com and even turn down a billion bucks like he did.so even though i'm a newbie at this,I say develop.like the movie american gangster "cut out the middle man and buy direct from the supplier".

let's get money
cleverlyslick

etphotog

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You are correct. There needs to be more transparency. When I use a real estate company to rent house, they disclose what they charge as rent and what their percentage is for handling the day to day. Parking companies ask for blind faith without really being open about the process. I've seen on this forum and others that people complain about low click through rates and their accounts suspended without any real proof from parking companies and those companies hold their final payment. If there is click fraud they should report and press charges, not give a form letter and pass it off. If we had more sunshine shedding on what a parking company charges going into a relationship it build build a stronger bond between domain owner and parking agent.

When I see a parking company or a person who owns a part of orworks for a parking company making hefty purchases, I have to pause and wonder.

Seeing how this is a 'prime election' year, it is easy to tell your congressman. senator and candidates for those seats how you feel and how that it may be time for legislation to regulate parking companies. There will be companies that will that having to comply with laws will add to the overhead of the operation, but at least we will know WHAT THE OVERALL PICTURE IS. This might let the cream float to the top in the industry.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can say I have not parked a domain for several months now, nor will I again. Parking seems in my opinion to be akin to asking someone who is mugging you to leave you the few coins so you can catch a bus to the hospital for them to treat you for the injuries the mugger has given you. What is more in this case the mugger expects to be thanked by the victim!

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with all of the above. I feel that people with larger than usual portfolios tend to park of ease of use.

Example I can only develop so many domains at once each day. I acquire a domain or few every day adding to my portfolio.

My portfolio grows faster than I can develop sites basically, so my first step is to park the name until I am ready to develop it, which in my opinion is better than not doing anything with the name and collect dust.

For people with smaller portfolios there is no excuse for parking.

FYI - you guys do know that WHYPARK allows you to add your own sponsors and you keep 100%

elfsites

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I find your signature ironic after reading that post, tldrental ;)

ProspectLab

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have also been asking this question as of late. Now I have stopped using parking companies and am instead setting up a simply landing page per website, with keywords, a nice image and header and Google Adsense links.

In general this means my total earnings are up by 300%.

I think it comes down to the amount of time you have to spend towards putting a landing page together. But it is fairly easy if you have built a template already and it is completely worth it when you look at the revenue.

Many parking companies have it way too easy.

Cashcows

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have also been asking this question as of late. Now I have stopped using parking companies and am instead setting up a simply landing page per website, with keywords, a nice image and header and Google Adsense links.

In general this means my total earnings are up by 300%.

I think it comes down to the amount of time you have to spend towards putting a landing page together. But it is fairly easy if you have built a template already and it is completely worth it when you look at the revenue.

Many parking companies have it way too easy.

I agree, but I thought good was not allowing parking built for adwords pages like that? Did I miss something?

I have over 4000 names and that is way too many to build unique content for as I have other businesses. And to use whypark would cost me a fortune.

But I do agree parking sucks...and if there is a way to do better than parking I'd like to know about it and do it for all of them.

Some of my names redirect for traffic to my own sites for my products, my adult names redirect to my adult affilate landing page and it's doing well enough to pay for all of my adult names. I might get rid of the lowest traffic name and then keep the top performers as I would make a lot more profit as most adult names don't have high resale values.

So any tips on developing for adwords?

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You're right.when I was starting to read about this industry (3 yrs ago) all I heard was "how people are making a killing parking domains"which is what motivated me to getting into this.but as I starting getting names and "parking them" I saw absolutely no revenue to maybe a few pennies.maybe i'm doing something wrong as far as parking goes.but I say f*ck parking now.I want to make websites and see if I can come up with something big like facebook.com and even turn down a billion bucks like he did.so even though i'm a newbie at this,I say develop.like the movie american gangster "cut out the middle man and buy direct from the supplier".

let's get money
cleverlyslick

Agree!
Parking is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom