Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Why do you guys use sedo and domainsponsors instead of using adsense directly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProPlay

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why do you guys use sedo and domainsponsors instead of using adwords directly?

You are giving them 25% of what you could be earning...

why dont you guys make a similar template with your own adsense?

Domain Days 2024

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The big one...

1. You can't use adsense for parking pages, it's against Google's terms.

Plus...

1. It's easy – point my domains to the PPC Company and they take care of the rest. If any problems occur, they fix it and usually compensate for lost revenue.

2. Creating good PPC pages for maximum CTR is somewhat of an art. People often find that their Do-it-yourself parking pages perform worse than Sedo or DS pages, despite cutting out the middle-man. Obviously this is a generalization – some DIY pages perform very well.

- Rob

Axioma

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, Sedo's parking pages have 0% content and 100% ads related to the domain's (specified) keyword. Google doesn't allow A) Having adsense in zero content pages and B) Even if it did, how would you target the resulting ads to a keyword?. There are many people with extensive domain portfolios (>1k) and developing each of them, even with minisites just isn't realistic (plus you've to ad web hosting expenses). So, in the end, you'd be expending more than the 25% Sedo and others keep for doing that.

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Axioma said:
Well, Sedo's parking pages have 0% content and 100% ads related to the domain's (specified) keyword. Google doesn't allow A) Having adsense in zero content pages and B) Even if it did, how would you target the resulting ads to a keyword?. There are many people with extensive domain portfolios (>1k) and developing each of them, even with minisites just isn't realistic (plus you've to ad web hosting expenses). So, in the end, you'd be expending more than the 25% Sedo and others keep for doing that.
It's really easy to generate one page with content. Ads go based on the content of the page so if you put up an optimized article or blurb about car insurance, that's what your ads will be about.

You are losing more than 25% by using a parking program. Web hosting is so ridiculously cheap that "web hosting expenses" can not be used as an excuse.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
maybe, he meant to say, create your own parking page and url all your domains there?

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Depending on rates negotiated you might be gaining 25% by going with a middle man.

aldwin

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Steen said:
Depending on rates negotiated you might be gaining 25% by going with a middle man.

That's the point.
Parking companies have higher revenue shares from google than you with AdSense

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Turn the cream of your domains which get type in traffic into an adsense site (its cheap) and the rest which get no traffic just park at sedo,thats exactly what i do and my income has now doubled on my traffic domains !

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ProPlay said:

Not everyone has the time to develop all their domain portfolio.

You should also note it's against adsense policies to just throw up a landing page with adsense on it, as it'd be deemed a "made for adsense" site.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ProPlay said:

I have two domains which are each, redirected to their own "1 page" website.

Although I plan to add more content, they have basic descriptions of the subject, both in the page and "meta".

At various "ppc's" they were averaging $0.15 > $0.25 per day, respectively.
Now, they average $0.42 per day!

However, when you start using "ppc's" and they deliver good revenue, it's a hard choice to change that strategy.....when it's a steady stream of revenue.

Also, "Big G" has a lot of restrictions that can delay your production, or "cut" you off suddently.....once you get rolling, just for a "minor infraction".

That effort could wasted, as well as the cost.

With "ppc's" they either accept the domain or not.

In addition, I have a couple of domains that are redirected to an "affiliate store", and they have delivered higher revenue than "ppc or Big G".

The returns here average "10%" commission on total sales for that store.
Those domains have produced over $2,000 in online sales for the "30 day" period.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't even use adsense much anymore... I make 80 dollars a week from Yahoo ads now and have just a few on my domains on it now. I am moving away from parking to PPC templates powered by Yahoo ads.

But I found that my current host is caching the pages, so now my ads are not doing targeted right, and i some cases I have no ads on the home page cause of it. (see www.witch-crafts.us)

But I hear that you can get a LOT more from YPN then from adsense, and I think it is true, I never made this much from Google. Ofcourse, I'm not sure if this is just a Beta rate or not. I'm currently at almost 600.00 in my account. When I get more money, I will have have cs-admin to make more sites for me. And it is not that expensive to do, just 25.00 and you can earn that back in no time.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Google does has it's domain parking http://www.google.com/domainpark/ but the requirements is kinda weird
"If your sites generate more than 750,000 page views per month, AdSense for domains is for you."

..:: peace ::..
jeba

You can use TrafficClub, for Google's parking program.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cooljeba said:
Google does has it's domain parking http://www.google.com/domainpark/ but the requirements is kinda weird
"If your sites generate more than 750,000 page views per month, AdSense for domains is for you."

..:: peace ::..
jeba
that is what the parking programs use to power the ads. Namedrive, Sedo, DomainSponsor Etc. If we all had 750,000 page views we all could have Google Domainpark and get a higher persentage, or we could all use Yahoo and earn even more!

aacommerce

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How do you know that its 25% ?

Where did you get that figure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom