Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Why do you use parking programs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HHH

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I read where people are parking their domains for $2, $6 or maybe even $8 CPM.

My question is with all the affiliate programs and adsense - Why do you park domains rather than put 1 hour of effort and make much, much more?

CPM of $30 or $100 is very common with other programs.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Too many names to individually manage?

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
for most keywords, the below statement is not anywhere near true:

CPM of $30 or $100 is very common with other programs

ParkQuick.com

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Parking programs are easier if you have a lot of domains. They can rival or surpass Adsense at times because there is no other content to compete for attention. Also - it is against AdSense's TOS to create sites solely for the purpose of hosting ads, regardless of how relevant the content is.

HHH

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Also - it is against AdSense's TOS to create sites solely for the purpose of hosting ads, regardless of how relevant the content is.

Who is to say your shiny new site was made for adsense or not? Obviously, Adsense does and I have not heard of anyone yet being kicked for a quality site (unless it was click fraud). I and a thousand other webmasters are living proof that quality counts.

for most keywords, the below statement is not anywhere near true:

Most domains are worthless also, but dnforum members are NOT duffers and can guide themselves. Also, GT, how do you know it is not true?

Seriously, there are tens of thousands of terms that have a payout over $0.80 per click. At $0.80 you only need a 5% CTR to have a $40 CPM.

Too many names to individually manage?

If you can point that many names at a parked page you could just as easily point them to your own server(s) and from there, with some clever programming, easily shunt them to the appropriate sites.

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
HHH said:
I read where people are parking their domains for $2, $6 or maybe even $8 CPM.

My question is with all the affiliate programs and adsense - Why do you park domains rather than put 1 hour of effort and make much, much more?

CPM of $30 or $100 is very common with other programs.

First of all, there is a PPC subforum within the Search Engines and Traffic Builing Forum. Your questions are discussed in that forum.

Whenever I have tried to use affiliate programs, I have found that it takes too much time and is way too hit or miss. If you have enough traffic, it may work better, but I find that I could go a week or two with no sales. With PPC parking services, I earn very good RPM every day. (I prefer RPM "Revenue per 1000 impressions" over CPM, which comes out of advertising where it is "Cost per 1000 impressions"). With the DomainSponsor Premier program and their improved optimization, my average RPM is around $50 (it was more like $10 when I started with DS). Some of the other services are working hard to boost their returns as well. You need to have more traffic (>1000 uniques/day) to get into the better programs.

Keep in mind that all traffic is not created equal. I have domains that routinely generate an RPM >$1000. I also have some that generate an RPM<$1 (especially true with Asian traffic, as they cannot even read our character set).

deepstar

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have some sites that do $600 CPM with adsense.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you have several thousand domain names, it is very non practical to do anything other than park them for PPC.
That is while developing them of course.

I dont understand the part about pointing them to our name servers, and then...?
Could you help us with what you mean by clever programming?
Where exactly would we point them to?

skylight

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
although you can earn alot more revenue by pointing to the affliate site but affiliate revenue is insecure. As what hiOsilver said, hit or miss. You might just wasting the traffic while earning nothing.

Visitors tend to click more than visitors who have any intention of buying...

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TISSCA said:
$1000? is that a typo, Howard :huh:

Not a typo. In fact it, is more like $1,500. However, it is a domain that gets relatively little traffic. So, it earns around $1.50 per single unique impression. With an average of 1 unique/day, the domain generates around $1.50 per day, which is still nothing to complain about. Actually, I have several domains like this. For this, the domain has to be ultra-targeted to a valuable keyword.

ParkQuick.com

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
HHH said:
Who is to say your shiny new site was made for adsense or not? Obviously, Adsense does and I have not heard of anyone yet being kicked for a quality site (unless it was click fraud). I and a thousand other webmasters are living proof that quality counts.

I agree that it's hard to know - but to build an entire business on adsense might come back to haunt you some day. Some PPC programs actually seem to do better than straight adsense sites - if only because there is less content to compete with the paid links.

Chaiki

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Those poor PPC domainers. They don't know what they are doing. It is amazing they have enough to make ends meet.

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hiOsilver said:
Not a typo. In fact it, is more like $1,500. However, it is a domain that gets relatively little traffic. So, it earns around $1.50 per single unique impression. With an average of 1 unique/day, the domain generates around $1.50 per day, which is still nothing to complain about. Actually, I have several domains like this. For this, the domain has to be ultra-targeted to a valuable keyword.

Thanks Howard, nice name :party:

- Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom